Bits and Pieces - October 25, 2011
October 25, 2011
Moammar Gadhafi was buried today in a secret desert grave. However, his loyalists prefer to think of it as Gadhafi joining the Occupy Coffin movement.
After ZOOEY DESCHANEL sang the national anthem before Game 4 of the World Series on Sunday night, the Fox cameras cut to her and her New Girl castmates in the stands so they could plug their TV show, which just happens to be on Fox. Announcer Joe Buck commented on how "A lot of times, the stars have their moment on TV and then they just bolt." Zooey and her friends didn't bolt, at least not until the 7th inning when the camera cut to their seats again and they were empty. Buck joked, "Maybe they're just out getting a snack ... all of them at once." Zooey later explained her early departure on Twitter, saying: "Would have loved to have watched the whole game but I had to catch a plane so I can go to work tomorrow. That's all guys. I'm not a jerk."
Last night on DANCING WITH THE STARS, Ricki Lake and Derek Hough tied atop the leader board with J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff, scoring 29 points each. Nancy Grace and Tristan MacManus were a surprising third with 24 points. Bringing up the rear were Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer with 19.
- BLACK CROWES guitarist RICH ROBINSON has a new album out called "Through a Crooked Sun." Robinson is touring to promote the album through November 19th. The status of the Black Crowes is still up in the air.
- Things are not going well for FLO RIDA in Australia. His first appearance was to be at a festival called Fat as Butter, but he was a no-show after the promoter says he'd been paid in full. His second appearance at a Sydney club was scrubbed when he showed up three hours late and the club owner said he wasn't in "suitable condition to perform." Flo Rida finally made it to his third show, but during the concert, police raided his hotel and busted his personal assistant on drug and weapons charges.
- GLORIANA released a new single yesterday on iTunes called "Good Night." If you'd rather wait, it'll be on Gloriana's upcoming album.
- ABC: Last Man Standing (Guest: Elvira), Man Up, Dancing with the Stars (Martina McBride performs) and Body of Proof are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Unforgettable are new
- Fox: The X Factor is new
- NBC: Biggest Loser is new, plus a Prime Suspect repeat
- CW: Two Ringer reruns
- Versus: Hockey with the Lightning at Sabres
Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was cleared to resume practice yesterday under a three-week roster exemption. He missed training camp and the first six weeks of the season while recovering from two surgeries on his neck to fix a bulging disc. He hopes to play this weekend.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina's 29-year-old Caid Kennedy Nobles saw a man approaching his home and began jumping up and down and waving a flashlight at the guy to motion him over. Nobles asked the man if he was looking for a girl and when the guy told him "maybe," Nobles said he had a room with a clean bed and a clean girl with plenty of condoms. The man inquired what the price was and Nobles told him $50. It was about that time that Nobles realized he was dealing with an undercover officer and, as you might guess being the smooth operator he was, Nobles knew just how to get out of this mess. He told the cop he was 'just joking' and was actually going to ask the officer for a cigar so he could roll a joint.
2001: Microsoft launched Windows XP
singer Ciara 26