Bits and Pieces - October 26, 2011
October 26, 2011
President Obama was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night. Jay asked the president about the overthrow of Moammar Gadhafi and Obama asked Jay about the overthrow of Conan.
Today's Lohan in trouble with the law surprisingly isn't LINDSAY LOHAN, but her father, Michael. Michael was arrested yesterday in Tampa on domestic violence charges after he allegedly assaulted on/off girlfriend Kate Major during a daylong argument that started because she wouldn't give him a beej. Apparently this was after they had sex, during which time she told Michael she didn't want him to finish inside her, but he did anyway. Lohan tossed a TV remote at Kate, threatened to cut her wrists and drop her off a fourth floor balcony. Kate made a couple of 911 calls, but told the operator she couldn't talk because she was afraid Michael would attack her again. (Hear here) When police showed up and arrested Lohan, he tried the old 'chest pains' trick and they took him to the hospital. Michael then tried to check himself out when he thought the officers had left, but they quickly nabbed him.
CHAZ BONO got the boot last night on DANCING WITH THE STARS. After playing back his pre-taped gripes about the show, he made nice on his way out, saying: "I took so much away from this. This was an amazing journey that really pushed me and showed me I could do so much more than I thought I could."
- STEVEN TYLER is recovering after what was described as a "nasty fall" in a hotel shower in Paraguay. Tyler and AEROSMITH were scheduled to perform there last night, but have postponed the show to tonight. Tyler lost two teeth and had cuts near his eyebrow and mouth after he collapsed following a bout of dehydration caused by food poisoning.
- DRAKE has confirmed that his next album, called Take Care, will be out on November 14th. Drake says that STEVIE WONDER helped out with the album and did some co-writing with him.
- JASON ALDEAN will perform during the annual Grammy nominations special next month. LL Cool J will host the show on November 30th at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.
- Jay Leno: Amanda Seyfried; actors John Cho and Kal Penn; Kathleen Madigan
- David Letterman: Justin Timberlake; The Civil Wars perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: David Spade; author Tyra Banks; director Brett Ratner; Frank Turner performs
- Conan: Jane Lynch; Actor Paul Scheer; Allen Stone performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Salma Hayek; actress Elizabeth Olsen; Cyndi Lauper performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jonah Hill; Chris young performs
- Carson Daly: Actress Amber Heard; chef Jacques Gauthier; Mona performs
NBA owners and players will return to the bargaining table today. At last report, the two sides were $1 billion apart on a 10-year deal, plus the salary cap issue has yet to be resolved.
An unnamed Connecticut man called 911 to report seeing a rotating light in the sky. The man assured emergency dispatchers he was neither crazy, nor drunk, but was concerned "it may be aliens or something." A police officer sent to investigate was able to trace the light source. The lights may not have been from chariots of the gods, but they were from chariots of a sort as a local car dealership was using a rotating spotlight for a promotion.
1881: The Gunfight at the OK Corral took place in Tombstone, Arizona
actor Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite, The Benchwarmers, Blades of Glory) 34