Bits and Pieces - October 27, 2011
October 27, 2011
Last night's World Series game was postponed due to bad weather. It was a surprise because Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa had called to the bullpen for fair skies.
Yesterday at the trial of MICHAEL JACKSON'S physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, several of his former patients were called to testify and they told the court what a great doctor he was and how much he cared for them and that they sincerely liked the guy. The defense plans to call their final witnesses today and the judge told Murray that it's his decision as to whether he wants to testify in his own defense and that decision will likely have to be made today.
If you're already looking forward to next season's DANCING WITH THE STARS, KATIE COURIC Tweeted that she wants to be on the show and Real Housewives star Taylor Armstrong is rumored to be in talks, although she denies.
- AEROSMITH performed in Paraguay last night with STEVEN TYLER and his two new dental implants following his hotel room shower mishap earlier this week. Tyler's dentist in Paraguay, Dr. Maria Bastos, said she found Tyler to be "friendly and humble" and that he surprised her with his cheerfulness.
- Rapper BIG SEAN won't be charged with sexually assaulting an underage girl last August during a concert in Buffalo. A 17-year-old girl told police Big Sean and his friend had sexually assaulted her, but apparently there wasn't enough evidence and he plea bargained down to a misdemeanor unlawful imprisonment charge, which carries a $750 fine.
- Will LEANN RIMES record a duet with husband Eddie Cibrian? LeAnn reveals he was in a Canadian boy band called 3Deep up until about 10 years ago and that their music videos can be found on YouTube.
- Today: Justin Timberlake; Danny DeVito; chef Jamika; singer Kelly Clarkson
- Good Morning America: Actress Eva Longoria
- Regis & Kelly: Eva Longoria; reality star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi
- The View: Latest eliminated couple from "Dancing With the Stars"; actress Kadee Strickland
- The Talk: TV show host Tyra Banks; chef Lucinda Scala Quinn
- Ellen DeGeneres: Justin Timberlake; Coldplay performs
The World Series has been delayed a day after last night's Game 6 was postponed due to weather. Baseball officials say the bad weather and an improved forecast for the next two days was a major factor in the decision.
Camden, New Jersey's Janora Carter and Robert Webb were recently pulled over by cops on a routine traffic stop. Knowing they were both wanted on outstanding warrants, Janora discreetly placed a call to 9-1-1 reporting a man armed with a shotgun at a nearby supermarket, hoping the officer who'd pulled them over would be called away and they'd avoid being arrested. That worked as well as you'd expect and now, in addition to their outstanding warrants, Janora has been charged with making a false 9-1-1 call and Robert with providing a false name.
2004: The Boston Red Sox won their first World Series since 1918
actor John Cleese (Monty Python, A Fish Called Wanda, Fawlty Towers) 72