Bits and Pieces - October 31, 2011
October 31, 2011
The St. Louis Cardinals hosted their World Series victory parade yesterday. Meanwhile, for losing the World Series, Texas Governor Rick Perry had the Rangers executed.
MICHAEL LOHAN is out of the hospital and in jail and he won't be leaving anytime soon. Lohan appeared before a judge on Friday in a wheelchair and handcuffs via video monitor from jail. He gave the judge all sorts of crazy excuses about why he needed to be freed, including an upcoming TV shoot with Dr. Drew, his need to be at daughter Lindsay's hearing on Wednesday and a celebrity boxing match with Tareq Salahi. The judge didn't buy any of the excuses and ordered Lohan held without bail.
Fox will bring back the TV show IN LIVING COLOR as two half-hour specials next spring. No word on whether Jim Carrey will return as Bill or if Jennifer Lopez will be back as a fly girl.
- You may not be hearing too much in the way of new music from STING in the future. Sting says it's "rare" for him to write new material these days because he he's more critical of himself and the songs. However, Sting says he has no plans to retire because he loves being on stage and adds, "I'll probably do it until the day I fall off it."
- Not everyone was happy to see USHER at Atlanta's annual Little 5 Points Halloween Parade on Saturday. A woman went ballistic and attacked Usher after he parked in a handicapped spot. When Usher refused to move his car, the woman sprayed him with beer and attacked him before being dragged away by her husband. (See and hear here)
- SUGARLAND returned to Indiana Friday night to perform a free concert as a tribute to the victims of the deadly stage collapse last August at the Indiana State Fair. Jennifer Nettles opened the show by telling the audience they were in store for an emotional night that would also be part celebration. Nettles and Kristian Bush visited the Fairgrounds concert site earlier in the day.
- Today: Journalist Brian Williams; Halloween costumes
- Good Morning America: Zombies from "The Walking Dead"; chef Rocco DiSpirito
- Regis & Kelly: AnnaLynne McCord; supermodel Heidi Klum
- The View: Halloween
- The Talk: Chef Paula Deen; actress Cloris Leachman; animal expert Tom Stalf
- Ellen DeGeneres: Neil Patrick Harris; reality star Bethenny Frankel; kid Halloween costumes
Several hundred thousand fans jammed downtown St. Louis yesterday to honor the World Series champion Cardinals with a parade that ended inside Busch Stadium. The ballpark rally had sold out in 90 minutes after the Cardinals won the title.
Alleged pimp Sean Patrick has been charged with transporting underage girls from his Milwaukee hometown to Chicago where they would provide services as temporary girlfriends for an hourly fee. The 37-year-old Patrick didn't do his defense lawyers any favors when he was caught while doing his business in a gold conversion van inscribed with the words "Ho Hauler" on the front quarter panel.
1941: Mount Rushmore was completed after 14 years of work
actress Samaire Armstrong (Dirty Sexy Money, The O.C., Entourage) 31