Bits and Pieces - November 2, 2011
November 2, 2011
David Arquette was eliminated last night on Dancing with the Stars. It was the first thing Arquette was kicked off of since Courtney Cox.
This probably had to happen sooner rather than later, but JUSTIN BIEBER has been slapped with a paternity suit by a 20-year-old California woman, who claims he's the father of her three-month-old boy. Mariah Yeater is the woman's name and she's demanding that the Biebs take a paternity test. Mariah signed an affidavit under penalty of perjury that she was 19 when she had a close encounter with Bieber backstage at one of his concerts in Los Angeles. She also went to Star magazine and claimed that one of his security guards approached her and asked if she wanted to meet him before whisking her backstage. Mariah told the magazine, "Immediately, it was obvious that we were mutually attracted to one another, and we began to kiss. Shortly thereafter, Justin Bieber suggested that I go with him to a private place where we could be alone. I agreed to go with him and on the walk to a private area, he told me he wanted to make love to me and this was going to be his first time." That private place turned out to be a bathroom and Mariah continued, "We went inside and immediately his personality changed drastically. He began touching me and repeatedly said he wanted to f*ck the sh*t out of me. At the time I asked him to put a condom for protection, but he insisted that he did not want to...because it was his first time he wanted to feel everything." Biebs' peeps deny all, perhaps especially the part where she said it only lasted about 30 seconds. (More on Bieber in Music Notes)
REGIS PHILBIN'S final morning on "LIVE! WITH REGIS & KELLY" will be November 18th and they still don't have a permanent replacement lined up. However, JERRY SEINFELD will guest co-host for three days starting the following Monday.
- ROGER WATERS has announced North American dates for his stadium show based on PINK FLOYD'S album "The Wall." The 36-show Wall tour begins May 1st in Houston.
- RICK ROSS now says he hasn't had a good night's sleep in five years and it's the lack of sleep that caused him to suffer those two seizures recently. Ross says his doctors tested him for cancer, diabetes, HIV and more and that the tests revealed he's "totally healthy."
- REBA MCENTIRE will host the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series awards ceremony on December 2nd live from the Wynn Las Vegas. The event will air live on the Speed channel.
- Jay Leno: Taylor Lautner; TV-show host Martha Stewart; Daughtry performs
- David Letterman: Dr. Condoleezza Rice; actress Amy Sedaris
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ellen DeGeneres; actress Gabourey Sidibe; Chris Isaak performs
- Conan: Matthew Broderick; Paul Simon performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Billy Bob Thornton; actress Taraji P. Henson; Dave Stewart
- Craig Ferguson: Ted Danson; actress Bitsie Tulloch
- Carson Daly: Rapper Wiz Khalifa; surfer Izzy Paskowitz; Manchester Orchestra
The Big East will reportedly invite Boise State, Navy and Air Force to join the conference for football only and SMU, Houston and Central Florida for all sports. The invitations will reportedly go out in upcoming days.
The California Highway Patrol arrived on the scene of an accident on Highway 101 in Santa Rosa to find one vehicle disabled and a pickup truck down an embankment. Cavan Askew told officers he was rear-ended by the pickup driven by Lawrence Peterson. It may not have been the only rear-ender Peterson was involved in as he explained to the officers that he became distracted while "fooling around" with his girlfriend. His passion may have been alcohol-fueled as officers noticed signs of intoxication and busted him for DUI.
1976: Jimmy Carter was elected president
rapper Nelly 37