Bits and Pieces - November 4, 2011
November 4, 2011
Yesterday Kendall Jenner celebrated her 16th birthday. That may sound young, but that's about 80 Kim Kardashian marriages.
Closing arguments were given yesterday in the trial of MICHAEL JACKSON'S physician, Dr. Conrad Murray. Prosecutors said that the manslaughter trial will never end for Michael's three kids because Murray is the reason their father is dead and during his time as Jackson's doctor, Murray injected him with four gallons of Propofol. The prosecution also called defense expert Dr. Paul White's testimony that Jackson injected himself with the fatal dose of Propofol 'junk science.' They went on to call Dr. Murray's actions "extreme, criminal, gross negligence," adding that the only possible verdict is guilty. However, the defense fired back saying the prosecution failed to prove that Murray hooked Jackson up to a Propofol drip. While they conceded Murray made mistakes, they noted that Michael's bodyguard testified he grabbed the IV bag with both his hands and noticed a milky substance, yet none of his fingerprints were found on the bag and no traces of Propofol were found inside it. The defense concluded by saying if it were anybody else but Michael Jackson, Dr. Murray wouldn't be on trial and that prosecutors never proved a crime. The jury will begin deliberations this morning.
Showtime has picked up The L Word reality spinoff series THE REAL L WORD for a third season. The third year will add New York to its locations and revolve around new East Coast cast members.
- If you bought MICHAEL JACKSON'S posthumous album, Michael, you may have seen DAVE GROHL'S name on the credits. Grohl would like to clear that up. He did play drums on a track called '(I Can't Make It) Another Day,' but they used a different take of the song that Grohl wasn't on. Grohl's name still got on the credits, which he calls 'not cool.'
- NICKI MINAJ is now claiming that housekeeper she supposedly got into a scuffle with is making up the entire story to try and shake her down for hush money.
- LUKE BRYAN will be the red carpet correspondent for the Ellen DeGeneres Show at the 45th annual CMA Awards. The CMA's are next Wednesday and Luke's segment will air on Ellen's show Thursday.
- ABC: Two new Extreme Makeover: Home Editions (Guest: Glenn Close) and 20/20
- CBS: A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are new
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe are new
- NBC: Chuck, Grimm and Dateline are new
- CW: Nikita and Supernatural are new
- ESPN: College football with Central Michigan at Kent State and USC at Colorado
The St. Louis Cardinals have begun interviewing for their managing job. They reportedly talked to new Chicago White Sox third base coach Joe McEwing and Cardinals Triple-A Memphis affiliate manager Chris Maloney, although they're not considered likely to get the job.
If you're on probation for issuing a bad check, it's best not to have illegal drugs in your possession. If you decide to go ahead and risk it anyway, it's best not to call attention to yourself. Throwing all caution to the wind was Helena, Montana's Noah James Vanderelst. Noah thought it would be fun to trick his girlfriend into believing he was kidnapped by men in skeleton masks on Halloween. Noah sent repeated texts to his sweetie saying he owed money to his kidnappers and that they were demanding ransom. Naturally, his girlfriend became concerned and called police, who traced the messages to Noah's own apartment, where they found him and his drugs safe and sound. Police abducted Noah and took him to jail.
2001: The first Harry Potter movie had its world premiere in London.
actor Matthew Rhys (Brothers And Sisters) 37