Bits and Pieces - November 15, 2011
November 15, 2011
Herman Cain's wife was on Fox News last night and said sexual harassment allegations against him are untrue because he "totally respects women." At least I think she said 'respects.' She might've said 'inspects.'
Over the last couple years it's become pretty obvious that JESSE JAMES is a serial cheater, but now ex-fiance KAT VON D is giving us the deets. Kat went on her Facebook page and wrote: "Today I encountered the 19th girl to add to the list of people Jesse cheated on me with during this last year." Kat went on to say: "I kept going back and forth in my mind as to what the best way would be for me to release and let go of any residual feelings remaining from that toxic relationship. All of this may sound petty or immature to some, but I assure you this is coming from a place of pure honesty and love." Of course, that's also coming from the person who's now stuck with a tattoo of Jesse's face on her body.
Last night on DANCING WITH THE STARS, contestants Hope Solo, Rob Kardashian, Ricki Lake and J.R. Martinez had to dance three dances heading into next week's finale. Ricki Lake had the high score with Hope Solo bringing up the rear. On more contestant will be eliminated tonight.
- Despite the wishes of some Detroit Lions fans, NICKELBACK will play the halftime show at their annual Thanksgiving game. When word first went out that they were playing the show, an online petition was started to give them the boot, but sponsors say the band will go on as planned.
- SNOOP DOGG and WIZ KHALIFA will release the soundtrack to their upcoming buddy comedy, "Mac and Devin Go to High School," on December 13th. They'll also do a six-city tour starting December 5th in New York.
- KENNY CHESNEY and TIM MCGRAW will reunite for their Brothers of the Sun stadium tour beginning June 2nd in Tampa. The 19-date tour will feature special guests Grace Potter & the Nocturnals and Jake Owen.
- ABC: Last Man Standing, Man Up, Dancing with the Stars (Cobra Starship performs with Sabi; the Muppets appear) and Body of Proof are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Unforgettable are new
- Fox: Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope (Guests: Shirley Jones and Lee Majors) are new
- NBC: Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: 90210 and Ringer are new
- ESPN: College hoops with Duke vs. Michigan
- ESPN2: College hoops with Florida at Ohio State and Austin Peay State at California
- Versus: Hockey with the Avalanche at Penguins
The NBA Players Association has rejected what the owners said was their final offer, leaving the season in doubt. The players say they plan to dissolve the union and pursue antitrust lawsuits against the league.
An unnamed man, whom we'll refer to as Keith Moon, was upset by the lack of toilet paper in his Charlotte, North Carolina motel room. Instead of calling room service for a roll or two, Keith decided to take matters into his own hands by walking upstairs to a vacant room that was being renovated and proceeding to clog the toilet, causing water damage, and breaking a blow dryer and several lights before returning to his room and damaging more property. Keith did about $2,100 in damage and is now facing vandalism charges.
1901: Miller Reese patented an electrical hearing aid.
Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lou Grant, Elf) 82