Bits and Pieces - November 16, 2011
November 16, 2011
Last night on Dancing with the Stars, American soccer star Hope Solo was eliminated. In all fairness to Hope, American soccer players aren't used to performing in front of large numbers of people.
HEATHER LOCKLEAR and JACK WAGNER are back on the market. Heather's rep says the couple is no longer engaged, but wouldn't elaborate. The news comes just three months after they announced their engagement. They'd been dating since 2007, but Heather went solo to the "Breaking Dawn" premiere the other night in Hollywood without her engagement ring.
There's bad news if you're a fan of the NBC show PRIME SUSPECT. The network is shutting down production on the MARIA BELLO show after Episode 13. Officially, NBC says it's considering their options. Unofficially, the buzz is the cast and crew have already been told they're unemployed.
- If you like STING there's now an app for that! Sting's new app documents his solo career and includes concert footage, interviews, photos, music videos and more. Sting described the "appumentary" as the first of its kind, adding that it's free because they have no idea what it's worth.
- DIDDY will be among the speakers at rapper HEAVY D'S funeral on Friday, and BET Networks plans a tribute to him at the Soul Train awards. As for his cause of death, the results from his autopsy were inconclusive and results of a toxicology test are pending. However, no illegal drugs were found in his home, but he had been prescribed a drug for a cough that could've been pneumonia.
- THE BAND PERRY has been added to the lineup for the 29th annual American Music Awards coming up this Sunday night on ABC.
- Jay Leno: Robin Williams; comic Drew Hastings; Vince Gill performs
- David Letterman: Jerry Seinfeld; Lykke Li performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Tim Allen; actor Jackson Rathbone; Miranda Lambert performs
- Conan: Kellan Lutz; Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi; musician Pegi Young
- Jimmy Fallon: Martin Short; Kermit and Miss Piggy; singer Michael Stipe
- Craig Ferguson: Michael Ian Black; actress Alex Kingston; actress Angela Kinsey as the voice of Geoff
- Carson Daly: Former Army Ranger Wil Willis; photographers Eriberto and Estevan Oriol; Trentemoller performs
The NBA has notified teams that all games through December 15th have been canceled. Yesterday, players filed an antitrust lawsuit against the league seeking monetary damages for lost wages, which would be tripled under antitrust law. It could take months or years to settle the suit, but they're hoping it'll get the owners back to the bargaining table.
A group of motorcyclists were riding through San Antonio early Monday morning when one rider hit a deer, lost control of his motorcycle and fell to the roadway. Luckily, the bikers were accompanied by some friends in a pickup truck that could offer assistance. The friends carefully loaded the man's motorcycle into the truck and left him and the deer behind. Yes, the biker was able to identify his now former friends to police and they were soon arrested.
1901: Henry Fournier drove a mile in 51 seconds, becoming the first to drive more than a mile-a-minute
actress Maggie Gyllenhaal (The Dark Knight, Secretary, World Trade Center) 34