Bits and Pieces - November 17, 2011
November 17, 2011
People magazine has named Bradley Cooper this year's Sexiest Man Alive. I finished a little further down on the list. I finished right behind Larry King and just ahead of Chaz Bono.
That paternity suit against JUSTIN BIEBER has been dropped. However, the Biebs isn't off the hook. Apparently Mariah Yeater has been getting death threats, so she plans to try and settle the suit confidentially. Mariah has a new legal team and they're working with Bieber's attorneys to do the DNA test on the down low. As for Bieber's threats to sue Mariah, her new attorney says it's just another example of a celebrity trying to push around the little guy. (See and hear her attorney here)
Despite some blistering and controversial jokes at this year's show, RICKY GERVAIS will return to host THE GOLDEN GLOBES in January. The awards ceremony will be held January 15th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
- It's now reported that AMY WINEHOUSE had written all the songs that were to appear on her third album and even picked out song titles. Unfortunately, only two of the songs were recorded and they'll be on her upcoming posthumous album, "Lioness: Hidden Treasures," which will be out December 5th.
- CHRIS BROWN debuted the new song Strip online yesterday. It's from his upcoming album Fortune, which is expected out in March. (Hear here)
- Look for LADY ANTEBELLUM performing We Owned the Night on the Dancing with the Stars season finale next Tuesday.
- Today: Actress Ashley Greene
- Good Morning America: The Muppets in Time Square; chef Emeril Lagasse
- Regis & Kelly: Kathie Lee Gifford; Josh Groban performs
- The View: Latest castoff from "Dancing with the Stars"; Regis Philbin; producer Martin Scorsese; actor Asa Butterfield
- The Talk: Beau Bridges; actress Stana Katic; guest co-host Megyn Price
- Ellen DeGeneres: Robin Williams; Selena Gomez & The Scene perform
The Arizona Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson and the Tampa Bay Rays' Joe Maddon won the National and American League Manager of the Year awards yesterday. Gibson won in his first full season as a big league manager while Maddon won the AL award for the second time.
There's crazy love and then there's crazy Love. That would be 24-year-old Elijah Paul Love, who was met by girlfriend Autumn Lynn Livingston upon his release from the Lee County Jail in Fort Myers, Florida. However, that release didn't last long as Love went crazy and attacked Autumn, grabbing her by the back of the neck and slamming her into the vehicle before using the cast on his left forearm to squeeze her so hard that she was unable to breathe. Autumn finally managed to escape and alert authorities, who re-arrested Love for domestic battery.
1981: Luke Spencer married Laura Baldwin on General Hospital
actress Rachel McAdams (Mean Girls, The Notebook, Wedding Crashers) 33