Bits and Pieces - November 22, 2011
November 22, 2011
The White House and NASCAR are downplaying the incident on Sunday in which first lady Michelle Obama was booed at the season-ending race in Miami. In all fairness, Michelle should've known better than to wear a Kyle Busch T-shirt.
JENNIFER LOPEZ and MARC ANTHONY recently reunited in Puerto Rico for their talent competition show Q'Viva! But, was it all business? Anthony was spotted picking up J.Lo at the airport, but a source tells Us Weekly that Marc never stayed in his hotel room. A friend claims they hooked up and will probably do it again next month when they meet to tape the TV show. The supposed friend goes on to say that the hookup was inevitable because Marc has a hold over her. However, despite the hookups, another friend says they won't be reconciling, which will leave Lopez to continue her fling with dancer Casper Smart. He performed with her during the American Music Awards and likely afterwards as she was seen getting touchy-feely with him at an after party and even gave him a lap dance before the left hand in hand.
The DANCING WITH THE STARS final three gave their final performances last night and Rob Kardashian continued his improbable run by tallying the night's high score. Rob and Cheryl Burke scored 27 on their first dance and a perfect 30 on their second for a total of 57. Ricki Lake and Derek Hough and J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff each had combined scores of 54. Tonight Lady Antebellum performs and a winner will be crowned.
- VAN HALEN reportedly has a new album on the way with David Lee Roth, but former frontman Sammy Hagar sounds skeptical. While he may have an ax to grind, Hagar seems to think the band may just be polishing up some unreleased tracks they had laying around as opposed to starting a new album from scratch.
- T.I. says his upcoming album will be called Trouble Man. The album is due next year and T.I. says he's recorded 45 tracks for the disc.
- JUSTIN MOORE and his wife Kate welcomed their second child, Kennedy Faye Moore, yesterday morning. Justin will pay for the diapers by hitting the road with BLAKE SHELTON on his Well Lit & Amplified Tour starting January 12th.
- ABC: Last Man Standing, Man Up and the Dancing with the Stars finale (Lady Antebellum performs) are new
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Unforgettable are new
- Fox: The X Factor Top 9 Perform
- NBC: Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: 90210 and Hart of Dixie are new
- ESPN: College hoops Maui Invitational, First and Second Semifinal
- ESPN2: College football with Miami (Ohio) at Ohio and hoops CBE Classic, Final
- Versus: Hockey with the Kings at St. Louis Blues
The trophy case of Detroit Tigers' pitcher Justin Verlander is getting crowded. In addition to his AL Cy Young Award, he also won the AL MVP award.
In Norcross, Georgia, 34-year-old Trevor Jones backed his car into Stephanie White's driveway while she went out for a walk and broke into her house. And how do police know it was Jones? When Stephanie returned and saw the car in the driveway with the windows down and engine running and noticed her home was broken into, she grabbed a wallet with Jones' parole card and driver's license, along with his car keys before going to a neighbor's house to call police. By the time cops arrived, Jones was gone but they gathered further evidence against him as they noticed he used Stephanie's computer to sign into his Facebook account.
1986: Mike Tyson became the youngest world heavyweight champ by knocking out Trevor Berbick at the age of 20 years and 4 months
actress Scarlett Johansson (Lost in Translation, Iron Man 2, The Spirit) 27