Bits and Pieces - November 23, 2011
November 23, 2011
The Republican presidential candidates held another debate last night. The candidates debated foreign policy, discussed national defense and performed a paso doble.
Now that JUSTIN BIEBER has taken his DNA test, you'd think the alleged baby mama and her lawyers would be in touch with Justin's team to get the results. If so, you thought wrong. Not only has the legal team for alleged baby mama Mariah Yeater made no attempt to contact Justin's lawyers, they apparently haven't done a DNA test on the baby. Team Bieber is starting to think that they won't even bother with a DNA test because it would prove Bieber isn't the father and give his lawyers ammunition for a lawsuit against her.
This season's DANCING WITH THE STARS mirror ball trophy goes to War veteran and soap actor J.R. Martinez. Martinez and partner Karina Smirnoff edged Rob Kardashian and partner Cheryl Burke, with Ricki Lake and Derek Hough being the first of the finalists to be eliminated last night. If you're already having withdrawal symptoms, the next season of Dancing premieres March 19th.
- NICKELBACK will play the halftime show of tomorrow's Detroit Lions game despite an online petition to uninvite them. The people at FunnyOrDie.com got the band to help them with a parody of a record label brainstorming session to figure out why the band is hated in Detroit and to find a way to get them to feel the love. (See and hear here/NSFW language)
- After tonight's show in Miami, THE BLACK EYED PEAS are taking an indefinite hiatus. However, they want everyone to know that it's just a break and not a break-up. will.i.am has a solo album, called #willpower, due out next year. Fergie is planning to start a family with husband Josh Duhamel, Apl.de.ap will focus on his duties as ambassador for education in the Philippines and Taboo will likely spend time with his family.
- SUGARLAND was named in a lawsuit over that Indiana State Fair stage collapse last summer. The suit alleges breach of reasonable care to the victims and seeks unspecified damages from Sugarland, producers, stage riggers and others associated with the show. Sugarland's contract specified they had the final say on whether to cancel due to weather.
- Jay Leno: Chelsea Handler; basketball player Dwight Howard; Gloriana performs
- David Letterman: Justin Bieber; comic Hugh Fink
- Jimmy Kimmel: Tim Allen; actor Jackson Rathbone; Miranda Lambert performs
- Conan: Matthew Broderick; Paul Simon performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Jason Schwartzman; chef Sandra Lee; Rodney Atkins performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Ty Burrell; actor Wilford Brimley
- Carson Daly: Journalist Chris Hayes; musician Justin Townes Earle; The Kills
The Milwaukee Brewers' Ryan Braun was voted the National League's Most Valuable Player. Braun finished second in the NL in batting, at .332, hitting 33 homers, with 33 steals, 111 RBI and an NL-best .994 OPS.
Sometimes it pays to join the auto club. Eric Carter found this out the hard way when he contacted the Covington, Louisiana Police Department and told officers that he had run out of gas and needed assistance. When officers arrived, they found Carter and his vehicle and called a wrecker to bring him some gas. However, when the officer gave the license plate number to the dispatcher, she said the plate was stolen. Even worse for the 35-year-old Eric, a search of the vehicle turned up a second stolen license plate and drugs and they discovered that Eric had an active fugitive warrant for his arrest and police assisted him to jail.
1936: Life magazine was first published
actress/singer Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) 19