Bits and Pieces - November 28, 2011
November 28, 2011
Angelina Jolie was on 60 Minutes last night. Angelina was interviewed about her career and her life and then she adopted Morley Safer.
It wasn't a very good Thanksgiving for American Idol singers. At the Lions - Packers game, LAUREN ALAINA forgot the words to the national anthem. Lauren completely went silent for about five seconds in the middle of the song before picking up again and finishing. Lauren later Tweeted: "Thank you everyone for the kind words. But the truth is I messed up. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day being thankful for all my blessings." Meanwhile, Idol winner SCOTTY MCCREERY had a lip synching malfunction at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. His song "The Trouble with Girls" began to play, but the voice track began before McCreery was ready and he hadn't moved his mouth yet.
It turns out that the soaps ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE are toast, after all. That online company that had planned to keep them going on the Internet has given up on the project.
- COLDPLAY'S CHRIS MARTIN stopped his performance of 'The Scientist' during a small show in England to ask a fan to stop accompanying him on the tambourine. Martin said he didn't mean to be rude, but added: "Let me be honest with you, we tried tambourine on the recording and had to scrap it - so we have been playing it for ten years with no tambourine. It probably sounds great, but I'm just used to it without tambourine. Don't take it personally." He then told the woman she could "go crazy" on the next song because it's a "tambourine frenzy".
- WYCLEF JEAN is defending himself from allegations that his Yele Haiti Foundation donated less than a third of the $16 million it collected last year to Haitian relief efforts. The New York Post says over $353,000 was paid to P&A Construction, which is run by Jean's brother-in-law, and more than $1 million to a Florida food distributor that doesn't seem to exist.
- A backstage meet-and-greet with MARTINA MCBRIDE, the dress LEANN RIMES wore at last year's CMA Country Christmas concert, MIRANDA LAMBERT'S autographed boots and a guitar autographed by CARRIE UNDERWOOD are among the items up for bid through December 5th to help support the Nashville Music Garden. Check it out at NashvilleMusicGarden.com.
- Today: Michael Buble performs; author Hal Rubenstein (100 Unforgettable Dresses)
- Good Morning America: Actress Shailene Woodley; TV host Ty Pennington; actress Tracey Gold
- Kelly: Angie Harmon; Avril Lavigne performs; co-host Neil Patrick Harris
- The View: Meredith Vieira and her husband, Richard Cohen; actress Nancy Travis
- The Talk: Tori Spelling and Dylan McDermott; Billy Miller (The Young and the Restless)
- Ellen DeGeneres: Minnie Driver; actress Sarah Hyland
Assuming NBA owners approve the tentative labor deal, training camps and free agency should start December 9th and a 66-game season would begin with a Christmas Day tripleheader.
Andri Lynn Jeffers walked into a gas station claiming she had a bomb concealed under her sweater and demanded the clerk hand over the cash or she would blow up said gas station. The clerk explained that since he was closing, the register was empty and after a brief argument Andri gave up and drove away. Unfortunately for Andri, the clerk got her license number and police soon caught up with her. As you might guess, Andri's bomb turned out to be a fake. In reality, she was concealing a penguin under her sweater. As it turns out, the penguin was also a fake from Toys R Us, but the charges of attempted robbery she's facing are real.
2010: WikiLeaks released over 250,000 U.S. diplomatic cables.
Motown founder Berry Gordy Jr. 82