Bits and Pieces - November 29, 2011
November 29, 2011
San Diego Chargers kicker Nick Novak apparently relieved himself on the sidelines during Sunday's game. And you thought coaches hated it when players dumped Gatorade on them.
Not that you had a chance, but ANNE HATHAWAY is off the market as she's now engaged to her longtime actor boyfriend ADAM SHULMAN. Engagement rumors started over the weekend when she was photographed wearing what appeared to be an engagement ring. Anne and Adam started dating just after her Italian ex-boyfriend Raffaello Follieri was busted for defrauding clients out of millions of dollars and sentenced to four years in prison.
The Pentatonix defeated the Dartmouth Aires to win the third season of THE SING-OFF last night. They receive $200,000 and a recording contract with Sony Music. The Sing-Off Christmas special airs next Monday night on NBC.
- THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS have announced plans for their first U.S. tour in nearly five years. The tour kicks off on January 25th in Charlotte with tickets going on sale this Saturday.
- B.O.B dropped a new mixtape yesterday called E.P.I.C. (Every Play is Crucial). It's a preview of sorts of his upcoming album, Strange Clouds, which he says aims to stretch the boundaries of music.
- SUGARLAND'S JENNIFER NETTLES took advantage of the long Thanksgiving weekend to get married. Jennifer and former model Justin Miller tied the knot Saturday in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee with their family and friends, including bandmate Kristian Bush, on hand.
- ABC: Last Man Standing, Man Up and Body of Proof are new, plus a Middle rerun
- CBS: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, plus an NCIS repeat
- Fox: Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope are new
- NBC: Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: 90210 and Ringer are new
- ESPN: College hoops with Illinois at Maryland and Duke at Ohio State
- ESPN2: College hoops with Michigan at Virginia
- Versus: Hockey with the Penguins at Rangers
It's been revealed that ESPN sat on a 2002 taped conversation between the wife of recently fired Syracuse University assistant basketball coach Bernie Fine and Bobby Davis, the man accusing Fine of molesting him, for nearly a decade. ESPN says it didn't broadcast the phone call until this past Sunday because it didn't have corroboration on the charges.
Coast Guard officials in Florida received a call from the I.C. Sharks seafood company of St. Petersburg regarding their stolen 17-foot crab boat. About the same time, Coast Guard officials in Florida also received a call from 33-year-old William Hodges regarding his 17-foot crab boat, which had just run out of gas on the open water. Coast Guard officials in Florida were able to handle both calls at once, returning the boat to I.C. Sharks and arresting Hodges for grand theft.
2001: Former Beatle George Harrison died of cancer at the age of 58
comedian Garry Shandling 62