Bits and Pieces - November 30, 2011
November 30, 2011
Michael Jackson's doctor was sentenced yesterday. It was a pretty stiff sentence. He was ordered to spend four years in prison, was ordered to pay restitution to the family and ordered to put current magazines in his waiting room.
KRIS HUMPHRIES reportedly watched KOURTNEY & KIM TAKE NEW YORK on Sunday and, as you might guess, was extremely disappointed with how he was portrayed. Kris didn't deny he said or did any of those things to Kim, but he was ticked that viewers didn't see the parts where Kim was nagging him about not working, even though there was little he could do with the NBA lockout in place. Kris also feels producers set up Mason's playroom outside their bedroom door just to rile him and get a reaction for the cameras. In any case, Kris is just anxious for the show to be over with.
X FACTOR contestants will perform songs by MICHAEL JACKSON on tonight's performance show.
- If you'd like a little extra rockin' on your New Year's Eve, Austin City Limits is ringing in the New Year with COLDPLAY. The first-ever Austin City Limits New Year's Eve special will air on PBS stations nationwide on December 31st or online at pbs.org.
- Rapper LIL BOOSIE, who's already behind bars awaiting trial on a first-degree murder charge, was sentenced to an eight-year hard labor prison term after he pleaded guilty yesterday to three counts of conspiring to smuggle drugs into two state prisons.
- FAITH HILL has pulled out of tonight's "Christmas at Rockefeller" special on NBC. No details on what prompted Faith to cancel.
- Jay Leno: Bill Cosby; actress Raini Rodriguez; Iron & Wine perform
- David Letterman: Justin Timberlake; actress Jennifer Esposito; The Civil Wars perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jim Parsons; actor Taylor Kitsch; My Morning Jacket performs
- Conan: Claire Danes; Nick Kroll; Michael Kosta
- Jimmy Fallon: Jeremy Piven; rapper T.I. and Hot Chelle Rae perform
- Craig Ferguson: Author David Sedaris; NeedToBreathe performs; comic Jeff Cesario
- Carson Daly: Actress Amber Heard; chef Jacques Gauthier; Mona performs
Jacksonville Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver fired coach Jack Del Rio yesterday and named defensive coordinator Mel Tucker the interim coach. Weaver also announced that he was selling the team to an Illinois businessman who plans to keep the team in Jacksonville.
The head of the Sheriff's Department in Dodge County, Wisconsin says they're growing frustrated by a rise in unwarranted 911 calls. For example, he cited a recent call from an unnamed 35-year-old woman, whom we'll call Margarita. It seems Margarita called 911 from a bar to complain that her husband wanted to leave the joint in the final hours of the long holiday weekend and wouldn't give her any money. The dispatcher, who perhaps has never had a good buzz going, told Margarita, "Your husband not giving you any money is not a 911 emergency."
1986: Ivan Lendl became the first tennis player to win over $10 million in career earnings
actress Kaley Cuoco (8 Simple Rules, Charmed, The Big Bang Theory) 26