Bits and Pieces - December 1, 2011
December 1, 2011
The annual Christmas tree lighting took place last night in Rockefeller Center. This year's tree is believed to be about 75-years-old, weighs in at 12 tons and measures about 40 feet around. No, wait, that's Kirstie Alley.
KRIS HUMPHRIES has filed legal papers in Los Angeles to have his marriage to KIM KARDASHIAN annulled on grounds of fraud. However, Kim is telling friends there was no fraud and that she really loved him. TMZ says that the two talked about getting the marriage annulled, but lawyers advised against it, and that's why Kim filed for divorce. Meanwhile, one of Kris' ex-girlfriends has resurfaced to try and snag her 15 minutes. Bianka Kamber looks a lot like Kim and she dated Kris for two years. Bianka says that he used to give her a bad time for watching the Kardashian's reality show, calling it 'garbage,' and said Kris told her that she was way better looking than Kim and that Kim was only famous because of her sex tape. Bianka says she and Kris talked marriage, but the romance fizzled when he was traded from her Toronto hometown to Dallas.
GLORIA ESTEFAN is in talks to guest-star on a January episode of GLEE, playing the mother of Santana, who recently came out of the closet.
- Forget Black Friday, GREEN DAY wants you to go, well, green! Billie Joe Armstrong and his wife, Adrienne, are joining forces with the Natural Resources Defense Council to promote their environmentally friendly "Green Gifts Guide."
- A documentary on ALICIA KEYS' visit to two South African facilities funded by the Keep a Child Alive campaign, which provides medical care and shelter to children and families with HIV/AIDS, will make its premiere tonight on Showtime
- TAYLOR SWIFT has come up with a new line of Christmas cards for American Greetings. This year's Taylor Swift holiday collection includes new greeting cards, collectible ornaments and some personalized paper cards. You can check them out at AmericanGreetings.com/taylorswift.
- Today: Elizabeth Taylor estate auction; author Richard Branson; actress Molly Sims; Vice President Joe Biden
- Good Morning America: Musicians Alicia Keys and Bono; actress Marcia Cross ("Desperate Housewives"); animal handler Jack Hanna
- Kelly: Marcia Cross; Science Bob; co-host Neil Patrick Harris
- The View: Dane Cook; actress Emily Watson; performance from "Godspell."
- The Talk: Actor Mark-Paul Gosselaar; chef Stephanie Izard; author Amy Ephron
- Ellen DeGeneres: Bono; actor Vince Vaughn and author Shea Vaughn; actress Shailene Woodley; She & Him perform
Another accuser has come forward and filed a civil suit against former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky. The accuser claims Sandusky sexually abused him more than 100 times and then threatened to harm his family to keep him quiet. It's the first lawsuit filed in the case.
In Colorado, former Arapahoe County Sheriff Patrick J. Sullivan Jr. has been arrested on charges of trafficking methamphetamine, which he traded for sex. Apparently the 68-year-old Sullivan forgot about drug laws since his retirement, even though he was the elected Arapahoe County Sheriff for 19 years and was a nationally-regarded law enforcement figure and the 2001 National Sheriff Association "Sheriff of the Year." Fans of irony will laugh themselves into cardiac arrest when they hear that former Arapahoe County Sheriff Patrick J. Sullivan Jr. is jailed in the Patrick J. Sullivan Jr. Detention Facility.
1891: Springfield, Massachusetts phys. ed. teacher James Naismith invented basketball when he nailed peach baskets at opposite ends of a gym and gave students soccer balls to toss into them.
comedienne Sarah Silverman 41