Bits and Pieces - December 2, 2011
December 2, 2011
President Obama hosted the annual lighting of the National Christmas Tree in Washington last night. However, Republicans criticized Obama for backing Santa's big giveaway program.
Rumor has it that KRIS HUMPHRIES wants to have his marriage to KIM KARDASHIAN annulled because he feels she just used him and the wedding to boost the ratings for her TV show. TMZ is saying Kris is outraged by people who think he was in on the wedding scam because he never would've flown in his childhood pastor to marry them and involve his church. Kris points to Kim's own quote on her blog that read, "I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn't get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up in the hoopla and the filming of the TV show." However, Kim is tweaked by Kris' accusations, especially since her TV ratings were great before he came along and because this whole thing has been bad for her image.
LINDA HAMILTON will return as CHUCK'S mother, Mary Bartowski, for the show's two-hour series finale on January 27th. As for what brings Mary back into Chuck's life, you'll have to watch and see.
- THE KILLERS have once again released a Christmas charity single to benefit Bono's RED campaign against AIDS. This year's selection is called "The Cowboys' Christmas Ball" and you can get it at iTunes.
- NICKI MINAJ will be easy to spot on the road. Nicki just bought herself a custom $250,000 Bentley Continental Coupe. In case you didn't assume so, yes, it is pink.
- KEITH URBAN will be a judge on Australia's version of "The Voice." Keith joins fellow recording artists Delta Goodrem, Seal, and Joel Madden. The show will start early next year.
- ABC: Extreme Makeover: Home Editions and 20/20 are new
- CBS: A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods are new
- Fox: College football Pac-12 Championship: UCLA at Oregon
- NBC: The TV flick Game of Your Life and a new Dateline
- CW: Nikita and Supernatural are new
- Lifetime: America's Most Wanted returns in its new TV home
- ESPN: College hoops with Florida at Syracuse
- ESPN2: College football Marathon MAC Championship: Northern Illinois vs. Ohio
The Minnesota Vikings have placed quarterback Donovan McNabb on waivers. McNabb's last start for the Vikings came October 16th at Chicago and word is the Bears may be interested.
Monroe, Oregon's Ethan Bennett panicked when a squirrel ran up his pant leg. Luckily for Ethan he had a handy.22-caliber rifle nearby. Ethan got his gun, took aim and fired. The good news for animal lovers is that, aside from being scared off by the sound of the shotgun blast, the squirrel was uninjured. The bad news for feet worshippers is that Ethan shot himself in the foot.
2001: Enron filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
singer Britney Spears 30