Bits and Pieces - December 5, 2011
December 5, 2011
Madonna will perform during the Super Bowl halftime show. Not only that, after the game Madonna will shower with the winning team.
Troubled country singer MINDY MCCREADY and her son were found over the weekend hiding in a closet in the home of her boyfriend in Heber Springs, Arkansas. Authorities say the boy was in good condition and they'd arrange to send him back to his maternal grandmother in Florida, who's been his guardian since 2007. Mindy claims the boy is being mistreated by her and took him during a visit with him last week at the boy's father's house. There's no word yet on whether Mindy will face criminal charges.
BO DEREK will guest star in an episode of CSI: MIAMI next year as a "well-preserved" mother who owns a horse stable where a murder is committed. Bo will also play herself in an upcoming episode of Chuck.
- METALLICA will play their 1991 self-titled album in its entirety at a former prison in Denmark next June. The prison was in operation for about 150 years before it closed in 2006 and now hosts music festivals and other events.
- WILL.I.AM will join JESSIE J as a coach on the British edition of The Voice. The Voice U.K. debuts next spring.
- TAYLOR SWIFT was honored with Billboard magazine's Woman of the Year Award on Friday. Taylor told the crowd that she's already written 25 songs for her next album, which is due sometime next year.
- Today: TV personality Giuliana Rancic; actor Harry Connick Jr. (The Happy Elf)
- Good Morning America: TBA
- Kelly: Actor Jeffrey Donovan; actress Elizabeth Olsen; chef Paula Deen; co-host Derek Hough
- The View: Actress Jane Fonda; Paul Anka performs
- The Talk: Fred Willard; Nancy Grace guest co-hosts
- Ellen DeGeneres: actress Laura Dern
Tiger Woods ended his victory drought by winning the Chevron World Challenge in California yesterday. It was Woods' first victory in two years.
York City, Pennsylvania's Tyechia Lorraine Rembert ordered breakfast at the drive-through of a local Burger King. However, when Tyechia pulled up to the window she had a crow bar hidden in her jacket sleeve to make it look like she had a gun and demanded money. Tyechia's plot was later foiled when she called the Burger King to see if anyone had gotten her license plate number. No word on whether they had or not, but since Tyechia called on her cell phone, they now had her phone number, which police used to track her down and arrest her.
1901: Walt Disney was born in Chicago
singer Little Richard 79