Bits and Pieces - January 3, 2012
January 3, 2012
The new reality show Celebrity Wife Swap debuted last night. It's about semi-famous people trading their wives for someone else's wife. In other words, it's pretty much like an Eddie Cibrian marriage.
It's sounding like the marriage of KATY PERRY and RUSSELL BRAND was pretty much over shortly after the honeymoon. Word is they started bickering soon after they got married and often did it in front of people at clubs and awards shows. One of the main issues was that Russell was more of a homebody and Katy loved partying, which the now-sober Russell no longer enjoys. Brand would often insist on leaving places early and asking Katy to come with, triggering arguments. Not only that, their schedules prevented them from spending very much time together. However, the divorce looks like it'll be friendly as neither one seems to be overly upset with the other, although that could change if Russell goes after Katy's money. They didn't have a pre-nup and since they were married in California, he could be entitled to half of her earnings from their 14 months of marriage, which some say could be as much as $20 million!
You'll be seeing less of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE when it returns next summer. Executive producer NIGEL LYTHGOE Tweeted that Fox has canceled the results show and that he'll have to change the format of the program.
- THE ALLMAN BROTHERS will kick off their annual run at New York's Beacon Theater on March 9th. The ten shows will run through March 25th, but more dates could be added if they sell well.
- SNOOP DOGG appeared on The Price Is Right yesterday and won $72,000 for his Youth football league. The Snoop Youth Football League was created over seven years ago to try to help inner city kids get away from gangs and drugs.
- WYNONNA JUDD'S boyfriend, Cactus Moser, popped the question on Christmas Eve. Wynonna said yes and it'll be her third marriage. Cactus is a drummer with Highway 101 and they're currently on tour as Wynonna and The Big Noise.
- Today: Donald Trump ("The Celebrity Apprentice"); author Kelly McGonigal
- Good Morning America: Actresses Tracey Gold and Carnie Wilson; fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi; author Lisa Niemi Swayze
- Kelly: William H. Macy; designer Isaac Mizrahi; exercise instructor Tony Horton; co-host Jim Parsons
- The View: Meryl Streep; director Phyllida Lloyd; Mario Cantone and Joey McIntyre perform
- The Talk: Drew Carey; actress Melissa Rauch; nutritionist Cynthia Pasquella
- Ellen DeGeneres: Howie Mandel; actress Elle Fanning
The Indianapolis Colts have fired vice chairman Bill Polian and his son, GM Chris Polian. The team finished a 2-14 and the future of head coach Jim Caldwell is also up in the air.
The largest denomination of U.S. currency printed by the government is $100. This was apparently news to Lexington, North Carolina's 53-year-old Michael Fuller. Michael recently went to his local Wal-Mart and attempted to purchase $476 worth of items with his one million dollar bill. Fuller was arrested on counterfeiting charges after he also failed to consider the likelihood of someone with a million dollars actually shopping at Wal-Mart.
1952: The TV series Dragnet premiered on NBC
football's Eli Manning 31