Bits and Pieces - January 4, 2012
January 4, 2012
The Iowa Republican presidential caucuses were held yesterday. The contest between Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum was tighter than one of Kim Kardashian's dresses.
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER and MARIA SHRIVER may be ready to terminate their divorce proceedings. The couple went their separate ways after it was revealed that Arnold had a son with their housekeeper, but now they've both been photographed wearing their wedding rings. US magazine also says that Arnold and Maria attended church on Christmas Eve with their kids. Meanwhile, TMZ is saying Maria has been having second thoughts about divorcing Arnold because of her religious beliefs.
The new season of JERSEY SHORE begins tomorrow night and, if you just can't wait, another new preview clip has surfaced online that features the boys going to get their hair cut after returning from Italy. (See and hear here)
- U2 had the highest-grossing tour both in North America and worldwide last year, hauling in $156 million in North America and $231.9 million worldwide.
- An American concert promoter claims he and his son were abducted at gunpoint in Angola because rapper NAS was a no-show for a New Year's Eve concert in the African country. It seems Nas got a pretty significant chunk of money up front and, when he failed to appear, organizers became a tad upset. The U.S. Embassy managed to get them ensconced in a local hotel while matters are resolved.
- The release of TIM MCGRAW'S final album for Curb Records, called "Emotional Traffic," has been delayed again. After dueling lawsuits were resolved, another minor delay has pushed the release date back one week to January 24th.
- ABC: Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Happy Endings and Revenge are new
- CBS: I Get That a Lot returns with guests Pamela Anderson, Jerry Springer, Ty Pennington and more, plus Criminal Minds and CSI repeats
- Fox: A Glee rerun and a new episode of Howie Mandel's Mobbed
- NBC: Up All Night, Whitney, Harry's Law and Law and Order SVU repeats
- CW: Two Secret Circle reruns
- ESPN: The Orange Bowl with Clemson vs. West Virginia
- ESPN2: College hoops with Duke vs. Temple
- NBC Sports: Hockey with the Bruins at Devils
The Chicago Bears have fired general manager Jerry Angelo after missing the playoffs for the fourth time in five seasons. Offensive coordinator Mike Martz resigned, citing philosophical differences and the team announced that QB coach Shane Day won't be back. However, Coach Lovie Smith will keep his job.
After Fort Pierce, Florida's 44-year-old Israel Rosado was discharged from a local hospital's emergency room, he refused to leave until he got a meal. When a police officer ordered him to go, Israel responded by pulling out his hose and urinating on the floor while passing gas with what was described as an "unbearable" aroma. After calling 911 for a ride home, the officer arrested Israel, who continued to pass gas while being patted down for weapons.
2007: Democrat Nancy Pelosi was elected the first woman Speaker of the House
actress Dyan Cannon (Heaven Can Wait, The Love Machine, Honeysuckle Rose) 75