Bits and Pieces - January 5, 2012
January 5, 2012
At last night's Orange Bowl game, West Virginia and Clemson combined to score 103 points. In fact, the two teams did more scoring than Charlie Sheen on a weekend in Las Vegas.
MARIAH CAREY sent out a Tweet yesterday asking fans to pray for her husband NICK CANNON, who's suffering from "mild kidney failure." Nick is currently in an Aspen, Colorado hospital and Mariah also Tweeted a photo of them together in his hospital bed. Mariah also said hospital staff tried to kick her out of his room but that she wouldn't budge.
DONALD TRUMP introduced the newest cast of Celebrity Apprentice yesterday. It's the largest cast ever with 18 celebrities including Arsenio Hall, Clay Aiken, Lou Ferrigno, magician/comedian Penn Jillette, Star Trek's George Takei, model Cheryl Tiegs, Debbie Gibson, actress Tia Carrere, and comedian Lisa Lampanelli. The new season begins February 12th.
- SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY has been named 'Artist of the Year' at the inaugural Ultimate Classic Rock Awards. McCartney received 34 percent of the vote to beat Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx, Sammy Hagar and Alice Cooper.
- LUDACRIS has announced plans to open another one of his Chicken and Beer restaurants in Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- After taking time off for vocal cord surgery, KEITH URBAN will return to the stage on February 10th at a fundraiser in Austin, Texas. The next night, Urban performs at the rodeo in San Antonio.
- Jay Leno: Actress Michelle Williams; actor Josh Lucas; Chris Cornell performs
- David Letterman: Tina Fey; The Barr Brothers perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Tracy Morgan; basketball player Chris Paul; TUnE-yArDs
- Conan: Chris Paul and comedian Tom Papa
- Jimmy Fallon: Rachel Maddow; actor Fred Armisen; Sharon Van Etten performs
- Craig Ferguson: Tom Selleck; actress Daniela Ruah
- Carson Daly: Writer Paul Haggis; Roll the Tanks; Fool's Gold performs
The Memphis Grizzlies have made a three-way trade with the Philadelphia 76ers and New Orleans Hornets. The 76ers send Marreese Speights to Memphis; the Grizzlies ship Xavier Henry to New Orleans while the Grizzlies and Hornets each send a second-round pick to Philadelphia.
Two Utica, New York police officers searched a car during a routine traffic stop and allegedly found a small baggie with marijuana and cocaine residue. Apparently unaware of that their patrol car's dashboard cam was operational, a video from the camera shows one officer pulling a small baggie of something out of his pocket and then ducking into the car, only to emerge again a short time later holding the same baggie. The officers then arrested the driver for drug possession. While Utica police officials say the full video shows the officer had previously found the baggie on the suspect and placed it in his pocket, some community members are outraged and the FBI is now analyzing the video.
1972: President Nixon ordered development of the space shuttle.
actress Kristin Cavallari (The Hills) 25