Bits and Pieces - January 11, 2012
January 11, 2012
Mitt Romney was the winner in yesterday's New Hampshire Republican primary. Mitt said he had almost as much fun winning as he did firing people.
BEYONCé and JAY-Z have taken daughter Blue Ivy Carter home from the hospital. As you might guess, it was quite the covert operation as they snuck out at 1:30 yesterday morning under cover of darkness in a fleet of SUV's with blacked-out windows. It turns out there was a reunion along with the new arrival as Beyonce's estranged father Matthew Knowles was on hand for the birth. Word is it was Jay-Z who talked her into the reunion and when she saw her dad as she was about to give birth, Beyonce was reportedly moved to tears.
Word has it that RICKY MARTIN will perform LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" when he guest stars as a Spanish teacher in an episode of GLEE later this month.
- Last November, SAMMY HAGAR told Rolling Stone magazine that he heard the new VAN HALEN record was mostly old, unused music from the vaults. It sounded like sour grapes at the time, but Sammy may have heard right. Van Halen just released their 'new' single, Tattoo, but hardcore fans say sounds just like a tune called "Down in Flames" that they played live in 1977 but never released on an album. (Compare and contrast here)
- LUDACRIS says his next album, called "Ludaversal," will be out in May. Among the guests on the disc will be USHER. As for other guests, Ludacris says there's going to be a lot of surprises.
- RASCAL FLATTS' "Thaw Out 2012" tour begins tomorrow night in Charleston, West Virginia. SARA EVANS and HUNTER HAYES are also on board.
- Jay Leno: Liam Neeson; blogger Meghan McCain; Jack's Mannequin performs
- David Letterman: Dolly Parton; writer Alan Zweibel
- Jimmy Kimmel: Woody Harrelson; actress and model Yvonne Strahovski; Rodney Atkins performs
- Conan: Actor Jack McBrayer; Cy Young winner Justin Verlander
- Jimmy Fallon: Rosie O'Donnell; actor Donnie Wahlberg; Robin Thicke performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Adam Goldberg
- Carson Daly: Filmmakers Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky; rapper Action Bronson; The Airborne Toxic Event performs
New Oakland Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie is cleaning house as he fired coach Hue Jackson yesterday. Jackson was in disbelief and told the media, McKenzie is going to gut the place and bring in his own guys and that no job is safe right now.
An unnamed San Francisco man approached an attractive woman sitting in her car and began to put the moves on her. The hot babe in question was a uniformed female police officer sitting in a patrol car with her partner. When our friend asked if she was married or available, the officer said she wasn't, but asked for the man's name, which he happily provided. Officer Babilicious then ran a check on our friend and it turned out he was wanted on a rape charge. Our friend may have enjoyed being handcuffed by the object of his affections as he was arrested.
1902: Popular Mechanics magazine was published for the first time
actress Amanda Peet (Something's Gotta Give, The Whole 10 Yards, 2012) 40