Bits and Pieces - January 12, 2012
January 12, 2012
Last night at the People's Choice Awards, Kim Kardashian won for favorite TV Celebreality Star. Now maybe Kim will finally receive some attention.
ROBERT KARDASHIAN'S ex-wife and widow tell Star magazine that he wasn't KHLOE KARDASHIAN'S father. Robert married Jan Ashley after divorcing KRIS JENNER and she claims he told her that Khloe isn't really a Kardashian. Meanwhile, Robert's third wife, Ellen, adds that Khloe knew about it and points out that Khloe is taller than the other sisters, has a different shape and different hair. She also says Robert told her he and Kris weren't intimate at the time she was conceived. While Kris admitted in her new book that she cheated on Robert, KIM KARDASHIAN is chiming in, saying Robert Kardashian is without a doubt Khloe's biological father and anyone who suggests otherwise is full of it.
THE BACHELOR host Chris Harrison is hyping his show, saying next week's episode could be one of the show's "wildest nights" ever when a woman from Ben Flajnik's past surfaces while the women visit his hometown of San Francisco. Harrison says he didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but things went nuts.
- THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS are postponing their upcoming U.S. tour after ANTHONY KIEDIS underwent foot surgery. His injuries go back at least to 2007 when he got hurt jumping off a bass drum. Kiedis had surgery to remove a crushed bone and to correct a detached tendon in his foot.
- The TV special "ACM Presents: LIONEL RICHIE and Friends -- A Lifetime of Hits" will be taped on April 2nd in Las Vegas and air on CBS at a later date. The special will focus on Richie's new country duets album, "Tuskegee," and will feature guests including Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Kenny Rogers, Rascal Flatts, The Band Perry, Martina McBride and others.
- BLAKE SHELTON is on the cover of Redbook magazine's "Hot Husbands" issue, which will be out next Tuesday. Inside the magazine, Blake talks about his relationship secrets with wife MIRANDA LAMBERT.
- Today: Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton ("Joyful Noise"); actor Josh Lucas ("The Firm"); actress Tiffani Thiessen ("White Collar")
- Good Morning America: Filmmaker George Lucas; actress Lana Parrilla; actresses Bella Thorne and Zendaya Coleman; TV host Rachael Ray
- Kelly: Dolly Parton; actress Miranda Cosgrove; co-host Jesse Palmer
- The View: Donnie Wahlberg; actress Heather Donahue
- The Talk: Designer Isaac Mizrahi; Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger's wife, Lorrie Sullenberger
- Ellen DeGeneres: Meryl Streep; comic Ricky Gervais; Snow Patrol performs
The Indianapolis Colts have hired Philadelphia Eagles' player personnel director Ryan Grigson as their new general manager.
Like many people, Manhattan high school Mona Lisa Tello received a letter in the mail informing her to report for jury duty. At least that's what Mona wanted Principal Jerod Resnick to believe. Apparently wanting some time off from work, Mona presented Principal Resnick with a letter showing she had reported for jury duty for a total of 15 days from September to May of last year. Mona might've gotten away with it had her letter not had wrong dates, wrong room numbers, a wrong address, and numerous spelling errors. The principal blew the whistle on Mona, who's now accused of forging that letter and her original jury duty deferment notice.
1967: Dragnet returned to NBC after being off the network schedule for eight years
actress Naya Rivera (Glee, Bernie Mac Show, The Royal Family) 25