Bits and Pieces - January 16, 2012
January 16, 2012
Last night at the Golden Globes, Meryl Streep won Best Actress for her movie The Iron Lady. If you're not familiar with it, in the film she plays Iron Man's wife.
HEATHER LOCKLEAR has been released from the hospital following her alcohol and drug binge, although her family reportedly wants her to check into rehab. For the record, her parents say Heather is fine and that it wasn't a suicide attempt. It turns out that it was her sister Colleen that called 911 for help after Heather took Xanax while drinking heavily. There were tabloid stories that she was still despondent over her breakup with Jack Wagner and they now say the breakup happened because he's sober and she's not.
WORK IT didn't work out for ABC. The cross-dressing sitcom has been canceled after just two episodes. The series had been criticized by the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, although it was low ratings that doomed the show.
- AXL ROSE performed four days of jury duty in Santa Monica last week. Musically, GUNS N' ROSES will be inaugurated into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 14th and they're rumored to be considering a reunion performance with their original lineup. Meanwhile, current Guns N' Roses guitarist DJ Ashba says he and Axl have written around 12 songs for a new album.
- Today: The Golden Globes; actress Meryl Streep
- Good Morning America: Miss America; the cast of "The Revolution"; Golden Globe fashion
- Kelly: Actor Simon Baker; comic Kevin Hart; co-host Seth Meyers
- The View: TV host Piers Morgan; TV host Tim Gunn
- The Talk: Jennifer Hudson discusses her new book, "I Got This"
- Ellen DeGeneres: Sofia Vergara; Big Time Rush performs.
The AFC and NFC championship games are set. Baltimore travels to New England to face the Patriots for the AFC title on Sunday at 3 pm Eastern on CBS. Fox has the NFC title game with New York at San Francisco at 6:30 Eastern.
Springfield, Missouri's Suzanne Basham recently purchased $40 worth of crack cocaine. Unfortunately for Suzanne, she soon realized her connection had sold her a packet of sugar. Taking matters into her own hands, Suzanne called 911 and demanded that police arrest her dealer and get her money back. As you might guess, the dealer remains at large, but Suzanne was arrested.
2007: Illinois Senator Barack Obama kicked off his successful presidential campaign
musician Ronnie Milsap 68