Bits and Pieces - January 17, 2012
January 17, 2012
Last night on The Bachelor, Ben and the women went on a bikini snow skiing date. I was really surprised how good that two-piece looked on Ben.
When JESSICA BIEL did the red carpet thing at the Golden Globes, not only was rumored fiancee JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE M.I.A., so was her engagement ring. While Jessica was wearing plenty of jewelry, her ring finger was bare. Back on Friday, Jessica also showed up for W magazine's pre-Globes party without the ring. Meanwhile, the National Enquirer is saying that Justin only popped the question to buy more time. Sources tell them Justin knew that Jessica would dump him unless he made a commitment, so he proposed to get Jessica off his back and plans to delay the wedding as long as possible.
RICKY GERVAIS is getting mixed reviews at best for his latest Golden Globes hosting effort. However, it looks like it's three and out for Ricky because after his third time as host he said he told his agent to never let him be persuaded to do it again. Ricky says, "It's like a parachute jump. You can only really enjoy it in retrospect when you realize you didn't die and it was quite an amazing thing to do."
- STEVEN TYLER says AEROSMITH'S upcoming album has all been written, but he's been too busy lately to add his vocals to the songs. No word on when Tyler may get around to it or when the album will be out.
- A woman is suing BONE THUGS-N-HARMONY'S LAYZIE BONE after he allegedly swung a microphone and hit her in the face during a 2010 show in Missouri. The woman claims she suffered bruises, contusions and severe lacerations to her head, which left permanent scars and that she became sick, sore, lame and disordered as a result. She says about $25,000 will make things right.
- There's a story going around that KENNY CHESNEY wants out of his recording contract so he can pursue a new deal with another label as a more mainstream artist. However, Kenny's manager quickly denied, saying he has no plans to be anything but a country music artist.
- ABC: A new and old Last Man Standing, a new Celebrity Wife Swap with Niecy Nash and Tina Yothers and a Body of Proof rerun
- CBS: NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles and Unforgettable repeats
- Fox: Glee, New Girl and Raising Hope are new
- NBC: Biggest Loser and Parenthood are new
- CW: 90210 is new, plus the new modeling reality show Remodeled
- ESPN: College hoops with Michigan State at Michigan
- ESPN2: College hoops with Georgetown at DePaul and Australian Open tennis
- NBC Sports: Hockey with the Predators at Rangers
The St. Louis Rams will officially introduce Jeff Fisher as their new head coach today. Word is that it's a five-year deal and that New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams will join Fisher's staff in the same role.
After they screwed up his order at the Wendy's drive-through window, Auckland, New Zealand's David Ilolahia went inside and complained to the manager. Feeling he wasn't getting the proper attention, David yelled at her, calling her a homosexual and the b-word and an f****** a*******. As he continued shouting, David knocked over a cash register and was still raging when police arrived and emptied a can of pepper spray into his eyes, which had little effect. The scuffle spilled into the parking lot and lasted around 10 minutes as David was whacked across the head twice with a baton before other officers arrived to help subdue and arrest him. David later said he was shocked at the reaction of police and doesn't understand why he was treated like that, saying he's not an aggressive person.
1972: Elvis Presley Boulevard was dedicated in Memphis
actress Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls, Hot In Cleveland) 90