Bits and Pieces - January 18, 2012
January 18, 2012
Yesterday was Michelle Obama's birthday and President Obama celebrated by taking her out. Michelle is pretty lucky. The last person Obama took out was Osama bin Laden.
LINDSAY LOHAN was in court yesterday for her latest probation update and all went well. Lindsay's next hearing is on February 22nd, but word is she plans to get all of her community service and counseling out of the way as soon as possible so she can get started on that Elizabeth Taylor biopic. Although, Lindsay might not be able to do the film even if she finishes probation. They're filming the movie in Canada and because of Lindsay's criminal background she'd need special permission from the Canadian government to enter the country. There was one other problem for Lindsay yesterday. On her way into court she was served with a lawsuit by some whack-job that claims she led him to believe she'd team up with him in some sort of dot-com venture. So, what makes the guy a whack job? He says that while corresponding with Lindsay he uncovered a conspiracy about the killing of Osama bin Laden.
ABC has announced that "COUGAR TOWN" will be back on Valentine's Day, February 14th.
- DAUGHTRY will kick off the first leg of its "Break The Spell" tour on March 20th in Buffalo, New York. One dollar from each ticket sold will benefit the charity Malaria No More.
- Following the birth of his and BEYONCE'S daughter, JAY-Z now says he'll no longer use the word "bitch" to describe women.
- JAKE OWEN underwent surgery to repair the collarbone he broke while snowboarding in Crested Butte, Colorado, recently. His doctor says Jake will make a full recovery, but he's going to have to postpone his January tour dates.
- Jay Leno: Jennifer Garner; TV personality Ross Matthews; Parachute performs
- David Letterman: Marg Helgenberger; actor Michael Fassbender; Ellie Goulding
- Jimmy Kimmel: Will Arnett; comic Dana Gould
- Conan: Shaun White; actor Jordan Peele; Sammy Adams performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Bill Cosby; actor Anthony Mackie; Wale performs
- Craig Ferguson: David Duchovny; Dr. Sanjay Gupta
- Carson Daly: Music producer David Guetta; The Decemberists perform
The Indianapolis Colts have released head coach Jim Caldwell following a disastrous 2-14 season without Peyton Manning. Caldwell was 28-24 in three seasons and led the Colts to a Super Bowl loss against the Saints.
Police have been busy in the elitist community known as Crestview, Florida. Cops arrested one unnamed 42-year-old man on domestic violence battery charges after staring at his stepfather all day. When his stepdad asked him to stop, sonny boy then said "Make me." When his stepdad stood up, the kid hit him in the eye. Elsewhere in Crestview, a man sent a text to his sweetie saying, "Even though u r mad at me will u still marrier me? ... I love you!" The good news is the man will soon be standing before a justice of the peace. The bad news is he won't be getting married, but instead answering to charges of violating the injunction against him which forbade him from contacting the object of his affections.
1996: Lisa Marie Presley filed for divorce from Michael Jackson
actor Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother, Bad Teacher, Knocked Up) 32