Bits and Pieces - January 23, 2012
January 23, 2012
The New York Giants defeated the San Francisco 49ers in overtime to advance to the Super Bowl. They say guys in San Francisco haven't been this overcome with grief since the Rosie O'Donnell breakup.
The latest celebrity split involves HEIDI KLUM and SEAL. There was buzz that they were splitting over the weekend, but yesterday morning their reps issued a statement saying that while the couple has been through a rough patch they "have no plans to announce a split right now. They're not divorcing." But then last night Heidi and Seal issued a statement confirming that they are splitting after almost seven years of marriage. The statement read: "We have had the deepest respect for one another throughout our relationship and continue to love each other very much, but we have grown apart. This is an amicable process and protecting the well-being of our children remains our top priority, especially during this time of transition." Rumor has it that Seal's partying is the problem and that things started going bad for the couple during a trip to Ibiza last year when he left Heidi and their four children behind to hit the island's nightclubs.
CAMILLE GRAMMER is likely out of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF BEVERLY HILLS next season. Word has it that producers are asking Lisa Vanderpump, Adrienne Maloof and Kyle Richards if any of their friends would be interested in appearing on the show.
- STEVEN TYLER is getting grief for his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, or as some are calling it - The Star Mangled Banner, at yesterday's AFC Championship game. (See and hear here)
- A Georgia woman has slapped RICK ROSS with a paternity suit. However, Ross claims he never slept with the woman and wants to prove it with a DNA test.
- GARTH BROOKS testified on Friday in his civil lawsuit against that Yukon, Oklahoma hospital. Garth made a $500,000 donation to the hospital in return for them naming a women's health center after his mother, but the center has yet to be built. During his testimony, Brooks said, "I thought this was one of the great gifts my mom was going to bring to Yukon, Oklahoma." The trial is expected to continue through tomorrow.
- Today: Actress Monica Potter; TV host Andy Cohen
- Good Morning America: Joan and Melissa Rivers; chefs Aaron Sanchez and Roger Mooking; Hunter Hayes performs
- Kelly: Lucy Lawless; actor Kevin McHale; co-host Kim Kardashian
- The View: Katherine Heigl; author Janet Evanovich; author Rosemarie Terenzio
- The Talk: Actress Rachel Bilson; home design expert Paige Davis
- Ellen DeGeneres: Shemar Moore; beauty expert Kym Douglas; Walk off the Earth performs
The New York Giants and the New England Patriots are headed to the Super Bowl. The Giants defeated the 49ers with an overtime field goal while the Patriots downed the Ravens when kicker Billy Cundiff missed a potential tying field goal with 11 seconds left.
After taking a $10 billion bailout in 2008, Goldman Sachs had its "Compensation Communication Day" last week. In layman's terms that's Bonus Day. Before outraged taxpayers become outraged, an inside source described the day as a 'bloodbath,' adding that people were trying to put on a brave face. After being informed of their bonus numbers, one girl was left crying and another said, "My number was so low I thought I was fired. My director had to convince me that the firm still wants me to stick around." For the rest of us, a bonus is a thing where they hand you extra money on top of your paycheck. For the other rest of us, a paycheck is that thing we used to get for working at a job.
1977: The TV mini-series Roots began airing on ABC
actress Tiffani Thiessen (Saved By The Bell, Fastlane, The Ladies Man) 38