Bits and Pieces - January 27, 2012
January 27, 2012
Price is Right host Drew Carey has broken up with his fiancée of three years. The good news is that she'll receive some lovely parting gifts.
DEMI MOORE has been released from a treatment facility following her little episode and RadarOnline.com is saying she'll be seeking further treatment for anorexia and substance abuse addictions. They say that Demi's drug of choice is the prescription medication Adderall and that she's been taking it with energy drinks and starving herself, which led her to collapse. The 911 call will be released today, but all references to drugs will be edited out, so it won't confirm the reports. Meanwhile, ASHTON KUTCHER has been silent about Demi's troubles, although a source says he's 'deeply concerned for Demi.' That seems suspect as Ashton has been in Brazil this week modeling a clothing line and doing some partying and was also seen fist pumping at a Bruno Mars concert. (See here)
That spinoff series of The Office with RAINN WILSON'S Dwight Schrute character and his beet farm may not be happening after all. Rainn went on Twitter to say: "Don't believe everything you read in the press, ok?" However, that wasn't exactly a denial.
- THE BEN FOLDS FIVE is in the studio working on their next album. They plan to be in the studio through March and have the album out sometime this spring.
- Apparently not satisfied with the $500,000 he won picking the New York Giants to beat the San Francisco 49ers, 50 CENT has challenged Cash Money boss Birdman to a $1 million bet on the Super Bowl. Stay tuned!
- Nominations for the 47th Annual ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS were announced yesterday and Kenny Chesney led the way with nine. Jason Aldean was next with six, Lady Antebellum picked up five, Brad Paisley earned four and Toby Keith, Taylor Swift and the Eli Young Band got three each. The awards will be handed out on April 1st on CBS. Blake Shelton and Reba McEntire will again host the show.
- ABC: Shark Tank, Primetime What Would You Do and 20/20 are new
- CBS: A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods repeats
- Fox: Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe are new
- NBC: Chuck (series finale), Grimm and Dateline are new
- CW: Nikita and Supernatural reruns
- ESPN: NBA hoops with the Knicks at Heat and Winter X Games
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have hired Rutgers' Greg Schiano to be their new head coach.
Two men recently staged a daring bank robbery in Brazil. As one crook forced everyone into a separate room, his accomplice stood guard at the door. Suddenly, a shot rang out. No, it wasn't the police. It seems the lookout at the door managed to shoot himself in the foot. What could possibly be worse? The incident was caught on bank security cameras. What could be even worse? The video of the shooting and the doofus limping away was uploaded to YouTube and has gone viral around the world. (See here)
1992: Former boxing champ Mike Tyson went on trial for allegedly raping an 18-year-old beauty contestant
actor James Cromwell (Space Cowboys, Six Feet Under, Babe) 72