Bits and Pieces - February 6, 2012
February 6, 2012
The New York Giants won the Super Bowl. For winning the Super Bowl, the Giants' players get a trophy, they get a ring and they get Madonna.
DEMI MOORE has checked into the upscale Cirque Lodge rehab clinic in Sundance, Utah, where she's being treated for an eating disorder and addiction issues. Sources say Demi is on total lockdown and only talking to a small group of people. Demi had been consulting with an intuitive healer and psychic medium, but those close to her were finally able to convince her that she needed some more serious help.
As it turns out, not everyone was fired from THE X FACTOR. L.A. REID has been signed for season two.
- PUDDLE OF MUDD singer Wes Scantlin was arrested during a traffic stop in Culver City, California back on January 12th after cops discovered pills and some suspicious looking powder in his car.
- 50 CENT apparently won a million dollar bet on the Super Bowl with Cash Money Records co-founder Bryan "Baby" Williams. Fiddy took the New York Giants to beat the New England Patriots.
- It hasn't been a good month for MIRANDA LAMBERT. Miranda lost her best friend, father-in-law and now her dog Dixie. Last Thursday Miranda Tweeted that her dog died and that she was "Headed now to bury my best friend of 20 years."
- Today: Actress Debra Messing ("Smash"); Super Bowl commercials
- Good Morning America: Actor Atticus Shaffer; the cast of "The Help"; actors Jean Dujardin and BerÝnice Bejo; author Cheryl Burke
- CBS This Morning: Super Bowl review; actor Brad Pitt
- Kelly: Debra Messing; actor Atticus Shaffer; co-host Derek Hough
- The View: Actress Madeleine Stowe; reality-TV star Taylor Armstrong
- The Talk: Financial adviser Suze Orman; actress Jennifer Coolidge; Wayne Brady
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Jim Parsons; Miley Cyrus performs
The New York Giants came from behind in the fourth quarter for a 21-17 victory over the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Giants' Ahmad Bradshaw ran uncontested for six-yard TD with 57 seconds left.
Mt. Juliet, Tennessee's Warren Melamed left his house to find another vehicle blocking his car. Noticing the keys were in the vehicle, the 65-year-old Warren hopped in and started it up. When the driver heard his engine start, he stopped Warren before he could move the vehicle. Warren was later arrested because the other vehicle was an ambulance and paramedics were loading a patient at the time.
1952: Britain's King George VI died and was succeeded by his daughter, Elizabeth II.
actress Zsa Zsa Gabor (Moulin Rouge, Naked Gun 2 1/2) 93