Bits and Pieces - February 8, 2012
February 8, 2012
New York hosted a parade for the Super Bowl champion Giants yesterday. It was quite a scene. Confetti dropped like passes through the hands of New England Patriots receivers.
CLINT EASTWOOD'S Super Bowl commercial for Chrysler raised a big stink with certain people who thought it was political and favored President Obama. Clint himself is speaking out, saying he's not politically affiliated with Mr. Obama and is not supporting any politician at this time. Clint says it was meant to be a message about job growth and the spirit of America and if Obama or any other politician wants to run with the spirit of that ad, they can go for it. Clint also said he donated his paycheck for the ad to charity.
J.R. MARTINEZ may have said TIM TEBOW might want to compete on DANCING WITH THE STARS next year, The Denver Broncos say Tim doesn't have any interest in participating in the show and that he's focused on preparing for the 2012 season.
- METALLICA is holding their own two-day music and arts extravaganza in Atlantic City on the weekend of June 23rd. They're calling it the Orion Music + More festival and ARCTIC MONKEYS and AVENGED SEVENFOLD will be among the other bands taking part. Tickets go on sale this Saturday for $150 for a two-day pass.
- FLO RIDA is being sued by a woman who claims she was paid $3.08 an hour, which is less than half the federal minimum wage, and that she worked a 65-hour work week and was fired when she complained about it. However, Flo Rida's lawyer says the woman begged to work for him to try and break into the music biz and was never officially hired as an employee and was told to get lost because her behavior was inappropriate for the workplace environment.
- TRACE ADKINS will headline the second annual NRA Country Jam on April 13th in St. Louis. Some of the proceeds from the concert will benefit the Folds of Honor Foundation, which provides college scholarships to children and spouses of U.S. troops killed or disabled during active duty service.
- Jay Leno: Chris Pine; comic Lisa Lampanelli; Anthony Hamilton performs
- David Letterman: Ryan Reynolds; actress Ellie Kemper; Dierks Bentley performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Josh Hutcherson; actress Nathan Fillion; Far East Movement
- Conan: Martin Short; actor Jon Bernthal; Dr. Dog performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Vanessa Hudgens; Of Montreal perform
- Craig Ferguson: Christina Applegate; stylist Brad Goreski
- Carson Daly: Boxing trainer Freddie Roach; rapper Danny Brown; Ed Sheeran performs
Tens of thousands of fans were on hand as New York hosted a ticker tape parade for the Super Bowl champion New York Giants yesterday. There was also a rally at their New Jersey stadium.
The Valley Mall in Hagerstown, Maryland was recently placed on lockdown. About a dozen police officers responded and moved all the customers outside as order was restored. And what caused a near-riot and knife fight among the shoppers? The Foot Locker had gotten in 90 pairs of the new Nike Air Jordan foam tennis shoes and 150 customers showed up wanting to buy them. While some people want the shoes for themselves, the limited-edition sneakers can sell for double the money online and some customers were hoping to turn a profit.
2007: Anna Nicole Smith died in a Florida hotel room
actor Seth Green (Without a Paddle, Austin Powers, Robot Chicken) 38