Bits and Pieces - February 9, 2012
February 9, 2012
The TV show House is going off their air for good in May. You know the economy hasn't recovered when even a TV network is losing its house.
RUSSELL BRAND filed final divorce papers this week and his marriage to KATY PERRY will officially be over on June 30th, after the mandatory six-month waiting period. However, Katy dodged a major financial bullet. Since they didn't have a pre-nup, Brand could've been entitled to half of Katy's earnings during their time together, which would've been somewhere north of $20 million! Brand only asked to keep the money he earned during that time, which was significantly less than Katy, but still not too shabby. As you might imagine, Katy is pretty tickled about that as she signed the divorce papers with a smiley face!
MAYA RUDOLPH will host the February 18th episode of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE with musical guest SLEIGH BELLS.
- If you were surprised to hear that KOOL & THE GANG would be the opening act on the VAN HALEN reunion tour, well, so were they! Robert "Kool" Bell says they were surprised to get the call, but David Lee Roth saw them at last year's Glastonbury festival and talked the other guys into bringing them along.
- No word on how he got away with this, but NE-YO recently made it rain to the tune of $5,000 at an Atlanta strip club, all while his girlfriend watched!
- TAYLOR SWIFT will release her video for 'Safe & Sound' on MTV on Monday night at 7.54 pm Eastern. The song appears on the soundtrack to the upcoming movie The Hunger Games. After the premiere, Taylor will sit down for a 30-minute interview with MTV News to answer questions submitted by fans via Twitter.
- Today: Author Mimi Alford; entrepreneur Donald Trump; The Fray performs
- Good Morning America: Actress Viola Davis; chefs Bobby Flay and Anne Burrell
- Kelly: Ryan Reynolds; reality stars Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola and Deena Cortese; co-host Jerry O'Connell
- The View: Viola Davis; actress Michelle Dockery
- The Talk: Will Arnett; actor Steven Van Zandt; guest co-host NeNe Leakes
- Ellen DeGeneres: Channing Tatum; YouTube singers Sophia Grace and Rosie
Syracuse beat Georgetown last night to give coach Jim Boeheim his 880th career win, moving him into sole possession of third place all-time in Division I, ahead of North Carolina's Dean Smith.
Michael Burke recently checked out of a hospital in DeLand, Florida. Unfortunately, Burke checked out while still wearing his hospital gown, a heart monitor still attached to his body and leg irons fastened to his ankles. It turns out that the 23-year-old Burke was being held in the Volusia County jail on charges of check forgery, grand theft and dealing in stolen property when his hospitalization became necessary. Needless to say, Burke's escape was not so great and he now faces additional charges for attempting to flee.
1997: The Simpsons surpassed The Flintstones as the longest-running prime-time animated series.
actress Ziyi Zhang (Memoirs of a Geisha, Rush Hour 2, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon) 33