Bits and Pieces - February 13, 2012
February 13, 2012
President Obama shared a Spotify campaign playlist on his Facebook page that includes a song by Bruce Springsteen. You know the one - Born in Kenya.
KOURTNEY KARDASHIAN and boyfriend Scott Disick are reportedly expecting a baby daughter. They announced they were expecting their second child back in November, but didn't say, and perhaps didn't know, back then if it would be a boy or a girl. However, a supposed friend of Kourtney says it's going to be a girl. For the record, a rep for Kourtney says they "do not know yet what they are having".
NAOMI WATTS will star as Princess Diana in the upcoming movie Caught in Flight. The film will focus on the final two years of Diana's life.
- MAROON 5 frontman ADAM LEVINE is launching his own record label, called 222. The first artist signed to the label is Glee's Matthew Morrison. Morrison will have a new album out on the label this spring.
- CHRIS BROWN had another court date yesterday and the judge ordered him to remain on probation. Brown wasn't in court, but his lawyer argued that his supervised probation should be ended because of his good behavior. However, the judge sided with prosecutors, saying Brown should continue to report to a probation officer in his home state of Virginia. His next hearing will be in July.
- MERLE HAGGARD is rehearsing with his band, The Strangers, and gearing up to hit the road again after his bout of pneumonia and other ailments. His first date will be February 28th in Tucson.
- Today: Valentine's Day
- Good Morning America: David Arquette; Valentine's Day gifts
- Kelly: Dwayne Johnson; actress Rebecca Romijn; co-host Jerry O'Connell
- The View: David Arquette; author Mimi Alford; The Cranberries perform
- The Talk: Tony Bennett performs with k.d. lang; dog behavior specialist Cesar Millan; guest co-host LL Cool J
- Ellen DeGeneres: Denzel Washington; actress Kat Dennings
New England Patriots receiver Chad Ochocinco is reportedly telling friends he's changing his last name back to Johnson in time for his wedding this summer because he doesn't want his wife to have a made-up last name.
When going through airport security, it's a good idea to take keys and coins out of your pockets before going through the scanner. It's not a good idea to take five bags of marijuana out of your pocket before being scanned. Joliet, Illinois' 19-year-old Devante Saxton found that out the hard way as he was arrested and charged with marijuana possession before being released on $100 bond.
2007: Illinois Senator Barack Obama announced he was running for president.
actress Emma Roberts (Nancy Drew, Hotel For Dogs, Valentine's Day) 21