Bits and Pieces - February 15, 2012
February 15, 2012
This year's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover model is Kate Upton. Meanwhile, Kate also announced that her breasts are turning pro.
HALLE BERRY'S baby daddy, Gabriel Aubry, has been accused of multiple incidents of child neglect and endangerment and one of his accusers is their 3-year-old daughter Nahla. Family services has been looking into the matter and interviewed Nahla and she reportedly told them her daddy screamed at her and that it made her extremely frightened. Aubry got into even more trouble yesterday when he was pulled over by cops for not having a front license plate or current registration stickers. However, he just got a ticket.
Sunday night's GRAMMYS telecast was the highest rated ceremony since 1984. Some 39 million viewers tuned in, which was a 41 percent increase over last year.
- EVANESCENCE BASSIST TIM MCCORD'S San Francisco apartment was broken into last week. Thieves stole his bass and other valuables including a laptop computer. The bass was handed down to McCord by his father before he died of cancer 12 years ago.
- DIDDY was briefly hospitalized shortly after hosting a post-Grammy party at the Playboy Mansion due to a migraine headache. Diddy was taken to a local emergency room where he was briefly treated and released.
- MEL TILLIS was among the recipients of the 2011 National Medal of Arts and the National Humanities Medals. The medals were awarded at the White House yesterday.
- Jay Leno: Tyler Perry; 100-year-old Dorothy Custer; The Cranberries perform
- David Letterman: Viola Davis; Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover model; Mark Ronson, Erykah Badu performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: John Goodman; comic Kevin Nealon; Robin Thicke performs
- Conan: Reese Witherspoon; actor RZA; Intergalactic Nemesis performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Donald Trump; actor Idris Elba; Jake Owen performs
- Craig Ferguson: Joss Stone and Dave Stewart perform
- Carson Daly: Writer Michael Hastings; writer Leslye Headland Bear Hands perform
A close friend of the Manning family says that Peyton Manning would be interested in playing for the Texans if he's released from the Colts, which is starting to look more likely.
Today's bad timing award goes to Longmeadow, Massachusetts' Michael Porcello and the passengers in his vehicle, Robert Martone and Vincent Lollio. It seems Michael was approaching a red light when he decided it would be an opportune time to snort some cocaine. Unfortunately for Michael, another vehicle was stopped next to him at the red light and, even worse, that vehicle was a police car. The officer happened to glance over and spotted Michael snorting before he could duck his head. The men were arrested and police recovered five bags of heroin.
1849: James Polk became the first president to be photographed while in office.
musician Rob Thomas 40