Bits and Pieces - February 17, 2012
February 17, 2012
Rumor has it that Kobe Bryant and his estranged wife Vanessa may get back together after he was seen kissing her following the Lakers Valentine's Day game. Of course, Kobe was also seen patting Derek Fisher on the butt.
It's now being reported that WHITNEY HOUSTON may have had a premonition about her death in the days before she died. TMZ says Whitney had been very spiritual in her final days and was quoting the bible, singing hymns and having conversations about the afterlife with close friends and family members. The night before she died, Whitney performed "Yes Jesus Loves Me" at Tru nightclub in Hollywood and told one of her friends, "I'm gonna go see Jesus." Another source said Whitney had been telling friends she "felt like her time was coming" and wanted to make sure she spent her time praising the Lord whenever she could.
PAGET BREWSTER is leaving CRIMINAL MINDS...again. Her Emily Prentiss character was killed off last year, but they brought her back with the storyline saying she had faked her death. No word on if she'll be killed off again.
- THE DAVE MATTHEWS BAND has unveiled the dates for their North American summer tour. This year's tour begins May 18th in Woodlands, Texas, and will feature numerous two-night stands.
- NAS reportedly owes $339,000 in back taxes for 2010 and now the U.S. government has obtained a lien on his property. However, that's just the tip of the iceberg as his total bill for back taxes from other years is over $6 million!
- TOBY KEITH says his acting career is over. Toby says that when he appeared in the movies Broken Bridges and Beer for My Horses it affected his songwriting. He also says that making movies takes way too much time.
- Jay Leno: Amanda Seyfried; actor Billy Gardell; Monica and Brandy perform
- David Letterman: Joan Rivers; actor Andrew Lincoln; Jason Mraz performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Chris Pine; Khloe Kardashian Odom; Puscifer performs
- Conan: Rebecca Romijn; actor Steve Martin; Cake performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Maya Rudolph; author Dylan Ratigan; Young Jeezy and Ne-Yo perform
- Craig Ferguson: Jeffrey Tambor; actress Amy Smart
- Carson Daly: Author Jodi Kantor; director Oren Peli; Dr. Dog performs
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released veteran defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth. The team claimed him off waivers from New England in November after Gerald McCoy suffered a season-ending injury.
They say love and justice are both blind. Never was this truer than when Syracuse, New York's Theodore Murphy had his lawyer propose to girlfriend Nicole Osbourne for him. It wasn't because Thomas was shy. It seems the couple was in court at the time because Nicole is accused of domestic violence against Theodore. Since Theodore had a restraining order against Nicole, he wasn't allowed to speak to her. The story has a happy ending as Nicole said 'yes' and with tears in her eyes the judge then resumed her criminal hearing.
1883: The Ladies' Home Journal was first published
singer James Ingram 56