Bits and Pieces - February 21, 2012
February 21, 2012
This weekend was President's Day weekend. In our history, we've had 44 presidents. One could not tell a lie and the other 43 could not tell the truth.
You may have heard a rumor about KIM KARDASHIAN trying to arrange a date with new NBA sensation JEREMY LIN. However, a source very close to Kim says it's not true. Meanwhile, REGGIE BUSH denies that he and Kim are dating again. Rumors got started when they were spotted on a lunch date at the Beverly Hills Hotel last weekend.
The latest rumor on THE X FACTOR is that SIMON COWELL is talking with JANET JACKSON about joining the judging panel.
- This will make you feel old...BLINK-182 has announced plans for their 20th anniversary tour! The 37-date Anniversary Tour will begin on May 15th in Rochester, New York and include a headlining spot at New Jersey's annual Bamboozle festival.
- LIL' KIM was on Bravo's "Watch What Happens Live" and it didn't take much for them to get her to trash talk NICKI MINAJ. Kim said, "If you have to make a song called 'Stupid Hoe' then you must be a stupid hoe."
- A California woman was arrested at the Franklin, Tennessee home of KENNY CHESNEY this week. The woman was allegedly drinking wine and smoking cigarettes by the pool and police found her hiding in a bathroom near the pool. No word on how she got in, but she falsely claimed to be dating Chesney, who was out of town at the time.
- Jay Leno: Animal handler Dave Salmoni; actor Timothy Olyphant; The Fray
- David Letterman: Kristen Wiig; comic Mike Birbiglia; Butch Walker and the Black Widows perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Gary Oldman; actors Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim; Korn
- Jimmy Fallon: Ricky Gervais; actress Thandie Newton; School of Seven Bells
- Craig Ferguson: Comic Margaret Cho
- Carson Daly: Actor Keegan-Michael Key; actor Jordan Peele; actress Carrie Preston; actress Kellie Overbey; actress Anne Heche; M83 performs
It's now reported that five TCU football players failed a drug test given to the team on February 1st. Eleven other players had trace amounts of drugs in their sample that was within the margin of error and 86 players tested clean. The tests were order by coach Gary Patterson after hearing of drug use among the team.
When transporting 40 pounds of marijuana, you want to take off and land as discreetly as possible. In between those times you might also want to avoid straying into President Obama's airspace. That last part proved to be the undoing for one drug smuggler over Los Angeles yesterday. After fighter jets intercepted the small plane and forced it to land, they found the pot and while the president was never in danger the same can't be said for the pilot.
2008: Cuba's parliament named Raul Castro president, succeeding his brother Fidel
actor Abe Vigoda (Barney Miller, Fish, Jury Duty) 91