Bits and Pieces - February 29, 2012
February 29, 2012
One of the biggest trending Twitter topics after the Oscars was Angelina Jolie's slit. If you missed the Oscars, they're referring to Angelina's dress.
Maybe KATY PERRY and Russell Brand broke up because she can't cook! At the 20th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards viewing party on Sunday night, Katy got into a bidding war with New York Giants co-owner Steven Tisch for at-home cooking lessons with Chef Cat Cora. Katy bid $50,000, but was outbid by Tisch, who offered $80,000. Katy jokingly emptied her purse for the cameras, before she and Tisch agreed to share the prize for $100,000.
JAMES SPADER has announced that he's leaving "The Office" after this season. The show's executive producer says it's no surprise and that Spader always wanted his role to be a one-year story line.
- Steven Tyler says AEROSMITH has been in the studio for the last month and that they've gone back the classic Aerosmith sound. Tyler says the band will kick off a summer tour on June 18th.
- Just three days after he was arrested for assault on a police officer following a party thrown by Diddy at a Connecticut casino, JIM JONES was arrested again yesterday in New York City for driving on a suspended license. However, his rep says Jones thinks there must've been a mistake in the computer system and maintains he doesn't have a suspended license.
- How much time has DIERKS BENTLEY spent on the road? Bentley wrapped up the Canadian leg of his 2012 Country & Cold Cans Tour last Thursday with a show in Winnipeg and on the trip home his bus, nicknamed 'Old Goldie,' tripped one million miles on the odometer.
- Jay Leno: Khloe Kardashian Odom; actor Rob Schneider; Mona performs
- David Letterman: Nathan Lane; actress Pauley Perrette; Estelle performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Steven Tyler; "Dancing With the Stars" contestant; Mat Kearney
- Conan: Betty White; Ne-Yo; Young Jeezy performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Don Cheadle; actress Jennifer Westfeldt; Kenny Chesney performs
- Craig Ferguson: Dr. Mehmet Oz; TV personality Carrie Keagan
- Carson Daly: Director Werner Herzog; musical group The Two; Fun performs
The city of Sacramento, the NBA and the Kings have announced a tentative deal to finance a new arena and keep the team in the city. The City Council is expected to vote on the plan March 6.
Redfield, Iowa's 68-year-old Larry Godwin was using a 22-caliber handgun to shoot a caged raccoon. While this might outrage the PETA crowd, they'll have a good laugh when they hear that when Larry fired his gun, the bullet ricocheted off the cage and struck him in the lower abdomen on the right side. This caused Larry to drop his gun and it fired again, shooting him again in the same spot. Larry was taken to a local hospital with injuries not believed to be life threatening.
2011: Actor Charlie Sheen went on numerous media outlets and gave bizarre, rambling interviews about CBS and the people behind Two and a Half Men.
actor Charles Durning (Rescue Me, The Sting, Dog Day Afternoon) 89