Bits and Pieces - March 1, 2012
March 1, 2012
TV chef Paula Deen says she's dropped two pants sizes. So, apparently Paula has stopped eating her own cooking.
The answer to the question of whether NATALIE PORTMAN and Benjamin Millepied secretly married seems to be 'yes.' The jeweler who designed the rings they were wearing at the Oscars says they got married, although the couple may now be wishing they chose a different jeweler as their rep declined to comment. Former ballet dancer-turned-jewelry designer Jamie Wolf says she designed the rings made with recycled platinum and conflict-free diamonds.
In what may be bad news for HOUSE fans, LISA EDELSTEIN won't be returning as House's boss and love interest, Cuddy, in the May series finale.
- RADIOHEAD kicked off their 2012 world tour in Miami and debuted two new songs, "Identikit" and "Cut a Hole."
- NE-YO served as "Principal for the Day" at Aki Kurose Middle School Academy in Seattle on Monday. Ne-Yo also surprised students by co-teaching a math class and performing a mini-concert as part of their prize for winning the Get Schooled Foundation's National Attendance Challenge.
- WAYLON JENNINGS' son Shooter is putting together a clothing line honoring his late father that will feature Waylon's likeness or his famous logo. Shooter also says there have been some talks about a biopic.
- Jay Leno: Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.); actress Elizabeth Olsen; Romeo Santos
- David Letterman: Neil Patrick Harris; actor Taylor Kitsch; Robert Glasper Experiment, Lupe Fiasco and Bilal perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ed Helms; actress Leslie Bibb; Wallpaper performs
- Conan: Khloe Kardashian; actor Matt Knudsen; Jeb Corliss
- Jimmy Fallon: Danny DeVito; comic Larry the Cable Guy
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Tom Lennon; astronomer Phil Plait
- Carson Daly: Actress Regina King; "We Are Legion"; Portugal. The Man performs
The NFL season will kick off a day earlier than usual. The New York Giants will host the 2012 regular-season opener on Wednesday, September 5th instead of the traditional Thursday night so it won't conflict with President Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention.
In the serene enclave of Niceville, Florida a rare domestic disturbance arose when an unnamed woman says a male friend punched her. The fisticuffs began when the woman told her male friend to put out his blunt. However, the male friend contended to the local constables that the woman actually attacked him because she was upset over the price of crack. However, when the officer observed red marks on her right arm and chest area and an eyewitness said she saw the man punching the woman, the man was arrested, to put it bluntly.
1960: The first Playboy Club opened in Chicago
actor Alex Rocco (The Godfather, The Wedding Planner, Smokin' Aces) 76