Bits and Pieces - March 2, 2012
March 2, 2012
Rumor has it that Jersey Shore's Snooki is pregnant. She'll have to take care of herself now because she's tanning for two.
Is TAYLOR SWIFT Te-bowing? There's some buzz that Taylor and TIM TEBOW have been spotted out and about in Hollywood and were even seen having a chat at a pre-Oscar party. They were also spotted together at several restaurants, but so far it seems to be more friendly than romantic.
CUBA GOODING, JR. will star in the legal drama pilot Guilty. Gooding will play a defense attorney who loses his license to practice law after being falsely accused of fraud.
- CARLOS SANTANA will release a new solo instrumental album called Shape Shifter on May 15th. It's the first of three albums Santana has planned and will include appearances by his entire family, including brother Jorge, the former frontman of Malo.
- WHITNEY HOUSTON has become the first woman to place three albums in the top 10 of the Billboard 200 chart simultaneously. Her Greatest Hits is at No. 2, her self-titled debut is at No. 9 and her soundtrack to The Bodyguard is at No. 6.
- In honor of Record Store Day on April 21st, Omnivore Recordings will issue a vintage 1970 BUCK OWENS coloring book with a four-song flexi-disc and digital download card of rare live material that was recorded during a performance at the White House for President Lyndon Johnson on September 9th, 1968.
- Today: Lindsay Lohan; actor Zac Efron ("Dr. Seuss' The Lorax"); chef Curtis Stone; TV host Kelsey Nixon
- Good Morning America: Oscar looks for less
- CBS This Morning: Israeli President Shimon Peres; chef David Chang
- Kelly: Don Cheadle; actor Ben McKenzie; co-host Dan Abrams
- The View: Zac Efron; boxer Quanitta Underwood and her sister Hazzauna; Reality Show Roundup; guest co-host Nancy Grace
- The Talk: Jane Leeves; author Lisa Lillien discusses food myths
- Ellen DeGeneres: Justin Bieber; actress Megan Mullally; singer Lauren Gray
The NFL has announced that the Arizona Cardinals will play the New Orleans Saints in the Hall of Fame game on August 5th.
Easton, Pennsylvania police met with known prostitute Janet Smith and arranged for her to help them with a drug sting by providing her with $60 cash and having her make a heroin buy. As undercover cops watched from a distance, Janet approached the alleged dealer, handed him the cash and received an item in return. However, instead of meeting cops at a predetermined location to turn over the heroin, Janet went to her room at Hotel Lafayette, where they later caught her with a needle sticking out of her arm. They may not have busted the dealer, but they did get Janet for theft by deception and tampering with evidence.
2003: Suspected September 11 mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was captured
actor Mark-Paul Gosselaar (NYPD Blue, Saved By The Bell, Dead Man on Campus) 38