Bits and Pieces - March 5, 2012
March 5, 2012
Mel Gibson has completed his court-ordered anger management therapy. In fact, the classes went so well that Mel is making a new movie called Glad Max.
ZAC EFRON has admitted that he did drop a condom from his pocket while walking the red carpet for his new movie The Lorax. Zac told Matt Lauer on the Today Show, "I never really had a pocket-checking policy prior to going on the red carpet before, but now we fully instated one."
AMERICAN IDOL is down to its final 13. The five guys and five girls that made it through on voting were Phillip Phillips, Heejun Han, Joshua Ledet, Colton Dixon, Jermaine Jones, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Jessica Sanchez, Shannon Magrane and Elise Testone. The three wild cards were Jeremy Rosado, Deandre Brackensick and Erika Van Pelt.
- GREEN DAY posted a YouTube video about the making of their upcoming album in which Billie Joe Armstrong says, "This is the first time we've ever really sung about f---ing."
- A riot broke out at a YOUNG JEEZY concert in Orlando last weekend. It started when security asked people to move back from the stage and some of the fans didn't like the suggestion and someone threw a drink at the stage. Jeezy tried to calm everyone down and when that failed he bailed.
- To thank his record label for helping him score the number-one single "You Gonna Fly," KEITH URBAN hired Nashville's Father Ryan High School marching band to parade through Capitol Records' offices Wednesday afternoon. The 89-piece band marched through, playing their version of the song.
- Today: Olympic gymnastics
- Good Morning America: Coldplay performs
- CBS This Morning: TBA
- Kelly: Anjelica Huston; actor Donnie Wahlberg; co-host Dan Abrams
- The View: Dr. Drew Pinsky; actress Katharine McPhee; guest co-host Kris Jenner
- The Talk: Actor David James Elliott; singer Debbie Gibson
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Steve Harvey; Jason Mraz performs
The St. Louis Cardinals have signed catcher Yadier Molina to a five-year, $75 million contract extension that'll keep him in St. Louis through the 2017 season.
Chamblee, Georgia's 39-year-old Trevor Gladston Jr. went to a local bank to make a withdrawal of the illegal variety. Unfortunately, after giving the teller a note demanding cash, the teller fled, protected by the bank's bullet-proof glass. An unhappy Gladston fled empty handed and broke one of the cardinal rules of bank robbery by using a taxi for a getaway car. Suspecting Gladston didn't have the cash to pay for his ride and unaware of the robbery attempt, the driver convinced him to return to the very same bank to withdraw money for his cab fare and he was promptly arrested.
1302: Romeo and Juliet were married on this day, according to William Shakespeare.
actress Thora Birch (American Beauty, Dungeons And Dragons, Ghost World) 30