Bits and Pieces - March 6, 2012
March 6, 2012
Rush Limbaugh has apologized after calling a woman a 'slut' on his radio show. They say it was the most offensive, insensitive and disgusting thing Rush had said in nearly an hour.
There still hasn't been an official announcement on a possible SNOOKI pregnancy, but her Jersey Shore spinoff reality show with JWoww is reportedly being re-tooled and a Jersey City baby store has reportedly been contacted by producers about filming there. TMZ says that after some initial hesitation the owner of the store agreed.
OPRAH WINFREY has landed an interview with WHITNEY HOUSTON'S daughter Bobbi Kristina and other family members. The interview will air on the Oprah Winfrey Network next Sunday.
- THE KAISER CHIEFS have a new album due tomorrow. The album started on their website last year as a list of 20 tracks fans could choose from to download and make their own album. A physical album called "The Future Is Medieval" followed in Britain and now that album has had a few extra tracks added and has been titled "Start the Revolution Without Me" for the North American market.
- Someone opened fire on an SUV driven by YOUNG BUCK in Nashville over the weekend. Buck and another passenger were unhurt, but a woman riding in the passenger seat was shot in the shoulder.
- JASON ALDEAN worked out with the Atlanta Braves for more than two hours last Thursday during the team's spring training in Kissimmee, Florida. Aldean played first base in high school and was fielding grounders and took a turn in the batting cage. Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez called Aldean the best celebrity he's seen on the field, "by far."
- Jay Leno: Michelle Obama; actor Mark Harmon; Imelda May performs
- David Letterman: Woody Harrelson; comic Stephen Merchant; Lana Del Rey
- Jimmy Kimmel: Sean "Diddy" Combs; educator "Science Bob" Pflugfelder; Miley Cyrus performs
- Conan: Zac Efron; actor Kirby Bliss Blanton
- Jimmy Fallon: Donald Trump; actor Idris Elba; Jake Owen performs
- Craig Ferguson: Courteney Cox; comic Louie Anderson
- Carson Daly: Blake Shelton; ICEF Rugby Director Stuart Krohn; Jessie Baylin performs
The NFL says it plans to keep looking at plays from recent seasons after an investigation found the New Orleans Saints paid bounties to players for knocking opponents out of games. The NFL is expected to meet with former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams as early as today.
An unnamed 28-year-old Winder, Georgia man called 911 and said he was invisible. When police arrived at Mr. Invisible's home they had no trouble seeing our friend and, in what explains it all, he told the deputy he wanted a ride to the hospital "so he could get more medications" because he had taken all the medication he had received the night before.
2004: Martha Stewart was found guilty on all four counts in her stock dumping trial.
actress Eva Mendes (Hitch, Ghost Rider, The Other Guys) 38