Bits and Pieces - March 8, 2012
March 8, 2012
New Orleans Saints officials admitted they had a bounty system that paid their players to injure opponents. Even still, the Saints players didn't put their opponents through as much suffering as they put their fans through.
The L.A. County Coroner's Office has been getting phone calls and e-mails from people demanding a murder investigation into the death of WHITNEY HOUSTON. Some of the callers claim to be relatives of Whitney or Bobby Brown and at least one caller offered a theory about a relative who might've offed Whitney, but offered no evidence. The coroner has already said there was no sign of foul play. Meanwhile, Whitney's daughter Bobbi Kristina will do her interview with Oprah Winfrey this Sunday. Bobbi says she chose Oprah because she's a close family friend and was loyal to her mom and never made her look bad. Bobbi also feels Oprah will show her the same respect by not bringing up things like her own reported substance abuse.
As you might've guessed, TIM TEBOW will not be looking for love on THE BACHELOR. After host Chris Harrison said Tebow received an offer, Tebow Tweeted: "Haha rumors can be crazy! Even though I've watched the show before, I'm definitely not gonna be on the Bachelor."
- The upside to THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' Anthony Kiedis undergoing foot surgery is that the unplanned break from the road could mean their next album will be out sooner than expected. The album still isn't likely to happen until the end of 2013 at the earliest, although that would still be a lot sooner than the Peppers' time between albums recently.
- THE GAME was caught on camera spitting at a group of presumably now former fans during a show in Australia last month. Video shows The Game sitting at the side of the stage, before approaching a group of women in the audience and leaning over a rail and spitting at them. One of the girls is seen yelling, "How dare you!" at him before storming out of the show.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD released the artwork to her next album, Blown Away, which will be out on May 1st. The album will include her latest single, Good Girl.
- Jay Leno: Rachel McAdams; Cee Lo Green performs with Vicci Martinez
- David Letterman: Kathy Griffin; actor Simon Helberg; Joseph Arthur performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Eric Stonestreet; model Kate Upton; Jake Owen performs
- Conan: Melissa Rauch; Kumail Nanjiani; Jon Hamm
- Jimmy Fallon: William Shatner; TV host Padma Lakshmi; actors Andrew Rannells and Josh Gad; performance from "Anything Goes."
- Craig Ferguson: Susan Sarandon; comic Dan Boulger performs
- Carson Daly: Gavin Rossdale; director Lloyd Kaufman; Laura Marling performs
The NBA has fined Kobe Bryant $40,000 for missing a news conference and a mandatory charity appearance for NBA Cares during All-Star weekend in Orlando. The NBA also fined Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce and guard Rajon Rondo $20,000 each for missing their charity appearances.
A family enjoyed an outing at the Bel Air, Maryland Chuck E. Cheese last Sunday. After several hours of pizza and fun, the family went home. Well, almost all of the family did. Employees called the Harford County Sheriff's Office at 8:30 p.m. to report that a 3-year-old girl named Harmony was left behind. After deputies waited over an hour at the restaurant for Harmony's parents to return, they gave up and took the girl to the police station. Luckily, Harmony's clueless family happened to be watching the TV news that night when the story of their missing daughter aired. Only then did they realize she was missing and went to the station to pick her up.
1854: Charles Miller received a patent for the sewing machine.
actress Laura Prepon (That '70s Show, Slackers, Are You There Chelsea?) 32