Bits and Pieces - March 9, 2012
March 9, 2012
Jersey Shore's Snooki has confirmed that she's pregnant. It could be a difficult pregnancy for Snooki. Now when she throws up she won't know whether it's morning sickness or a hangover.
JESSICA SIMPSON is doing the pregnant and naked thing on the cover of Elle magazine, just as many celebrities before her. Jessica also confirmed rumors that she's expecting a girl. She also said that she and fiance Eric Johnson have decided on a name, but would only say, "It's nothing shocking and nothing you'll have to add to the dictionary. When people hear it, they'll know why."
SIGOURNEY WEAVER will star in a new political drama series on the USA Network called Political Animals. Sigourney will play a divorced former first lady and current Secretary of State who throws herself into the job following her divorce and losing the presidential nomination.
- KORN frontman JONATHAN DAVIS is working on an electronic music EP as his DJ alter ego, J Devil. While Korn plans to tour throughout the year, Davis says the EP will be released sometime this year.
- KANYE WEST debuted his latest fashion line for a slew of celebrity guests at Paris' Fashion Week the other day. However, Kanye cancelled a press preview of his collection because he felt the bad reviews of his last Paris fashion show back in October were "unfair."
- JERROD NIEMANN had a close call when his tour bus caught fire and exploded in Chattanooga, Tennessee on Tuesday night. Niemann and his crew were able to bail out in time after getting a warning from LEE BRICE that the rig was on fire.
- Today: Wilmer Valderrama
- Good Morning America: Dionne Warwick; TV host Casey Anderson
- CBS This Morning: Tony Bennett; Emily Blunt ("Salmon Fishing in the Yemen")
- Kelly: Ewan McGregor; author Katie Brown; co-host Martin Short
- The View: Bill O'Reilly; actor Adam Scott; Reality Show Round-Up
- The Talk: Actress Amy Brenneman; actress Jennifer Westfeldt
- Ellen DeGeneres: Megan Fox; talk-show host Carson Daly; magician Justin Willman
Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd has been fined $25,000 for public criticism of game officials. The offense occurred after Monday's 95-91 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder when he said that Dallas doesn't get the respect from referees it deserves as defending NBA champion.
Carrick, Pennsylvania's 26-year-old John Jardini was looking for love in all the wrong places. After seeing a girl get off a bus, Jardini approached her and robbed her of $60. Later, Jardini called the woman on his cell phone twice, asking if she had a boyfriend and if she wanted to go out with him. Just as police were using phone records to track Jardini down, he saved cops the trouble as he was arrested as he was assaulting the woman and her mother outside a local market. One woman told the local media, "How could you be that damn stupid, that dumb?"
1790: George Washington delivered the first State of the Union address.
actor James Van Der Beek (Dawson's Creek, Rules of Attraction, Texas Rangers) 35