Bits and Pieces - March 12, 2012
March 12, 2012
Jersey Shore's Snooki has confirmed that she's pregnant. Snooki is going to have to be careful because now she's drinking for two.
Tonight we'll find out who BACHELOR BEN FLAJNIK chooses and according to several tabloids it's going to be Courtney Robertson. However, several tabloids have also caught Ben out and about recently in San Francisco with several different women that aren't Courtney. The problem is, the Bachelor finale was actually taped last November and unless they've already broken up, Ben has some explaining to do. Word has it that Ben has told Courtney that the other women were just "old friends." However, the buzz is that Ben is still in touch with at least one of the women.
Are you ready for another singing competition show? ABC has announced plans for a summer series called DUETS, in which KELLY CLARKSON, LIONEL RICHIE, ROBIN THICKE and SUGARLAND'S JENNIFER NETTLES will travel the country to find undiscovered talent worthy of being their protégés.
- METALLICA has chosen Hungarian director NimrÃ³d Antal to direct a 3D feature film project that's being described as a "marriage of narrative and concert." The band is planning to release the film in the summer of 2013.
- JAMES ELLIS, lead singer of THE TRAMMPS, died yesterday at the age of 74. Ellis had been suffering from Alzheimer's and passed away at a nursing home in South Carolina.
- BRAD PAISLEY will kick off the second leg of his "Virtual Reality World Tour" on May 18th in St. Louis. The Band Perry and Scotty McCreery will continue opening shows for him and Easton Corbin will perform select dates.
- Today: Kathy Bates; actress Elizabeth Olsen
- Good Morning America: Actor Andrew Garfield; "20/20" preview; chef Richard Blais
- CBS This Morning: Actor Ewan McGregor; producer Grant Hill
- Kelly: Kathy Bates; Big Time Rush performs; co-host Martin Short
- The View: Designer Vera Wang; comic Bone Hampton
- The Talk: Singer Rick Springfield; singer Jewel; guest co-host Tabatha Coffey
- Ellen DeGeneres: David Arquette; Robin Thicke performs
Peyton Manning's people say he hopes to make a decision on which team he'll play for next season within a week. The say that while Manning prefers to stay in the AFC, he is open to playing in the NFC. Sources say 12 teams reached out to Manning's reps, but the Redskins and Browns say they're out.
Sebastian, Florida's Jenifer Karina Rodriguez was clocked doing 74 mph in a 60-mph zone and pulled over by Cpl. Robert Ruiz. However, instead of writing her a $600 ticket, the officer said he'd write her up for just 69 mph, which meant just a $128 ticket. To show her gratitude, Jenifer told Cpl. Ruiz: "You are an ugly person," adding: "I am going to kill you." Needless to say, this negated Jenifer's discount. But as Cpl. Ruiz was writing her $600 ticket, she sped away and tried to strike Ruiz's patrol car during the ensuing pursuit. The pursuit ended with Jenifer crashing into a tree and a trip to jail where she now faces numerous charges.
1881: The Barnum & Bailey circus opened
musician Adam Levine (Maroon Five, The Voice) 33