Bits and Pieces - March 13, 2012
March 13, 2012
Kim Kardashian's former husband Kris Humphries is reportedly demanding that she pay him $7 million to dissolve their marriage. In return, Kris says he's willing to waive his no-trade clause.
At the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES trial of NICOLLETTE SHERIDAN and MARC CHERRY, former ABC president Steve McPherson testified that Cherry told him at a May 22nd, 2008 meeting that he wanted to kill off Sheridan's character Edie and McPherson said he gave Cherry the okay. Sheridan is claiming she was fired in retaliation for reporting a fall 2008 incident on the set in which Cherry struck her. Sheridan described it as a "nice wallop," while Cherry said he tapped her on the head with his fingers while describing a scene.
Physicist STEPHEN HAWKING will appear as himself in the April 5th episode of THE BIG BANG THEORY. In the cameo appearance Hawking has a "run-in" with Sheldon.
- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND played the historic Apollo Theater in Harlem over the weekend. It was their first official live show since the passing of saxophonist Clarence Clemons.
- CHIDDY BANG'S song "RAY CHARLES" has gotten the official thumbs up from the family of the late musician, even though they say Ray wasn't a big fan of rap music. Blair Robinson is Ray's granddaughter and an aspiring singer and she says the only mistake they made is not letting her sing the hook.
- Billboard magazine has named TAYLOR SWIFT as the top musical money maker for 2011. Swift earned more than $35.7 million last year. U2 was second with $32 million. Kenny Chesney, Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne rounded out the top five.
- Jay Leno: Jessica Simpson; comic Adam Carolla; Soja performs
- David Letterman: Will Ferrell; actor Jon Bernthal
- Jimmy Kimmel: Dr. Phil McGraw; "The Bachelor" runner-up; Keane performs
- Conan: Actor Jonah Hill; actor John Noble
- Jimmy Fallon: Joan Rivers; actress Stacy Keibler; Cults perform
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Leslie Bibb; producer David Milch
- Carson Daly: Singer Christina Milian; rapper K. Flay; The Speakers perform
The NBA has fined New York Knicks guard J.R. Smith $25,000 for Tweeting an "inappropriate" photo of a semi-nude woman from his hotel room in Milwaukee last Thursday night.
Debary, Florida, 17-year-old Cody Conner walked into Cupid's Corner. Alas, Cody wasn't feeling the love, but the cold steel of a revolver in his hand as he ordered the clerk hand over the money. Being the mother of four children, the clerk told Cody, "don't do this, it's not worth it." After talking to Cody for 20 minutes, the clerk was able to get him to remove the bullets from the gun and fill out a job application so he could earn money the honest way. The clerk even hugged Cody and shared a cigarette with him before she went next door and called police, who used the information on his job application to track Cody down and arrest him.
2009: Bernard Madoff pleaded guilty to pulling off a massive Wall Street swindle
actor Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight, Love Happens, The Rum Diary) 44