Bits and Pieces - March 14, 2012
March 14, 2012
Kim Kardashian is firing back at Mad Men star Jon Hamm after he insinuated in an interview that she was stupid and an idiot. You have to give Kim credit. Her strongly worded response contained only four misspelled words.
RIHANNA'S former bishop in Barbados is urging her to change her ways. Bishop Vibert Lowe said he's been praying for Rihanna after her rumored reconciliation with Chris Brown and because of her sexy image. The bishop says young people look to her as a mentor and she's not setting a good example for them. The bishop admitted that he doesn't see her much when she comes back to Barbados, but said she should spend more time in church. Speaking of that sexy image, Rihanna had the paparazzi in overdrive when she stepped out in New York City over the weekend wearing a see-through black top that exposed her breasts. (See here)
EMILY MAYNARD, who got engaged to Brad Womack on "The Bachelor," before later breaking up with him, will return as "THE BACHELORETTE." She'll be the first single mom Bachelorette when the season premieres on May 14th.
- RADIOHEAD was picketed by the fun-loving gang from Westboro Baptist Church when they played in Kansas City over the weekend. The church called Radiohead "Freak monkey's [sic] with mediocre tunes" while their producer, Nigel Godrich, later joked on Twitter that the protest was the "highlight of the tour so far."
- THE GAME will get the VH1 "Behind The Music" treatment on March 22nd. He also has a new mixtape due out by the end of this month and he says a new album is also in the works.
- CRAIG MORGAN will appear on this Sunday's episode of Army Wives, performing his song "This Ole Boy." The show airs on the Lifetime channel.
- Today: Actors Will Ferrell and Nick Offerman; TV personalities Nicole Richie, Elle Macpherson and John Varvatos
- Good Morning America: The Bachelor's Lindzi; author Sanjay Gupta ("Monday Mornings"); the Muppets in Times Square
- CBS This Morning: This Morning: Emily Blunt ("Salmon Fishing in the Yemen")
- Kelly: Will Ferrell; supermodel Elle Macpherson; The Bachelor's Lindzi; co-host Mark Consuelos
- The View: Actor Adrien Brody; actor Jeremy Jordan; celebrity tweets
- The Talk: Actress Emmy Rossum
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jessica Simpson; Ellie Kemper; Dierks Bentley and the Punch Brothers
It's now reported that as many as six teams may still be in the running for Peyton Manning. Manning met with Dolphins coaches in Indianapolis yesterday.
Springfield, Massachusetts' Timothy Forbes went to his son's 6th grade basketball game on Friday night. Unfortunately, his kid's team lost. However, instead of giving his kid a pep talk, Forbes did the next logical thing. He approached the coach of the winning team and began punching him before biting off part of the coach's ear. Forbes then fled the scene, but later turned himself in. His lawyer says Forbes has a clean criminal record, although police beg to differ, saying he has previous arrests for kidnapping, assault and battery, and destruction of property
1991: Exxon agreed to pay $1-billion in damages for the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
actor Emile Hirsch (Speed Racer, Milk, Taking Woodstock) 27