Bits and Pieces - March 20, 2012
March 20, 2012
George Clooney was arrested while protesting outside the Embassy of Sudan in Washington on Friday. The good news is that People magazine named Clooney their Sexiest Man Apprehended.
It turns out that RUSSELL BRAND'S arrest for chucking that cell phone through a window in New Orleans was a felony and not a misdemeanor. According to Louisiana law, when property damage exceeds $500 it becomes a felony and when you add the cost of the window and the phone, the alleged crime crossed the line into felony territory. While Brand joked about the incident when everyone thought it was just a misdemeanor, now that it's a felony, he's getting a bit more serious. Brand is now saying he was being provoked by the paparazzi when he grabbed the photographer's phone and tossed it. Brand has hired a lawyer, but there's no word yet on if prosecutors will go after him.
The upcoming season of MTV's TEEN MOM will be its last with Farrah, Catelynn, Amber and Maci. The final season is expected to air this summer.
- JIMMY PAGE'S soundtrack music from the early 70s will finally see the light of day tomorrow. It's called Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks and it features music he recorded in his home studio. The title cut was to be used in the short film Lucifer Rising, but never made it into the picture, although Page did do a cameo in the film. Page is releasing the disc exclusively through his website.
- Rapper TI has reportedly signed on for a role in the second season of Kelsey Grammer's Starz channel TV series Boss. Grammer plays a Chicago mayor diagnosed with a degenerative neurological disorder. TI will play an ex-gangbanger with aspirations for a political career.
- DARRYL WORLEY will release a new single called "You Still Got It" today. He's also at work on a new album, which is due out in June.
- Jay Leno: Jamie Lee Curtis; actor Armie Hammer; Robert Glasper Experiment performs with Ledisi
- David Letterman: First lady Michelle Obama; Esperanza Spalding performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jessica Simpson; actor Gael Garcia Bernal; The Naked and Famous perform
- Conan: Ewan McGregor; David Mizejewski; comic Dana Gould
- Jimmy Fallon: January Jones; actor Jeffrey Tambor; Eric Church performs
- Craig Ferguson: Author Anne Rice; comic Geoff Tate
- Carson Daly: Rapper B.o.B.; singer Lex Land; musical groups Bomba Estereo and Thee Oh Sees
Former Green Bay Packers backup quarterback Matt Flynn has reached a three-year deal with the Seattle Seahawks said to be worth as much as $26 million.
Miami's 18-year-old Anthony Maldonado met Kelley Galbraith online. They soon met in person and while at Kelley's house, Anthony noticed she had some nice stuff. Anthony scored another date with Kelley and while dining at Applebee's Anthony borrowed Kelley's iPhone several times, but the final time he went outside with it and never came back, sticking her with the bill. As it turns out, Anthony was calling a friend who was robbing Kelley's house while they were on their dream date. It turns out Kelley had the last laugh as her home surveillance system caught Anthony casing her home while she was away and his friend ripping her off and Anthony soon found himself behind bars.
2011: U.S. and European forces launched air strikes on Moammar Gaddafi's forces in Libya.
actress Ursula Andress (Dr. No, The Blue Max, Clash of the Titans) 76