Bits and Pieces - March 21, 2012
March 21, 2012
Ashton Kutcher has become the 500th person to reserve a seat on a Virgin Galactic flight into outer space. It'll be Kutcher's first experience with weightlessness since the last time he slept with Demi Moore.
Despite saying they were parting on friendly terms, word is ROSIE O'DONNELL and OPRAH WINFREY aren't talking to each other after Oprah sacked Rosie. Insiders say that when Oprah called Rosie to break the news it was a strained conversation and that Rosie thanked Oprah for the opportunity and abruptly ended the call. The two sides then squabbled over the wording of the press release because Rosie felt it blamed her for the failure of the show. Meanwhile, several staffers described the show as a 'hell hole' and say that Rosie was constantly berating the staff, often times in front of the studio audience.
Charlie Harper is returning to TWO AND A HALF MEN! Yes, the character did die and, no, Charlie Sheen isn't returning to the show. On the April 30th episode, Jon Cryer's Alan character has a heart attack and Charlie visits him in ghost form, only this time he's played by KATHY BATES.
- GARBAGE will self-release their new album, "Not Your Kind Of People," on May 15th. They're also giving away a new song called "Blood for Poppies" on their website at Garbage.com. They'll be touring North America and Europe starting later this spring.
- SEAN KINGSTON has been served with a civil summons over his alleged involvement in a gang attack on a woman after a concert in 2010 in which he opened for Justin Bieber.
- MARTINA MCBRIDE recently made a stop on ESPN Sports Center to urge Peyton Manning to play for the Tennessee Titans. Obviously, that didn't work out so well.
- Today: Chef Mark Bittman; a "Biggest Loser" update; actor Kirk Cameron; Lee Brice performs
- Good Morning America: Actor Liam Hemsworth ("The Hunger Games"); actor Kirk Cameron; fashion designer Carson Kressley; TV host Rachael Ray
- CBS This Morning: The Illinois GOP primary; director Kevin Smith
- Kelly: Christina Ricci; actress Carla Gugino; co-host Dana Carvey
- The View: Dr. Drew Pinsky; actress Katharine McPhee; guest co-host Kris Jenner
- The Talk: Actress Cote de Pablo
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Armie Hammer; comic Kevin Nealon; Birdy performs; Ellen and actor Brad Pitt visit New Orleans' Lower 9th Ward
The Miami Dolphins have signed former Jacksonville quarterback David Garrard to a one-year deal. Garrard sat out last season with back problems and there are reports that the Dolphins may also be interested in Tim Tebow.
Life can be chaotic when you're a single working mom. Just ask Roy, Utah's Brittnee Boren. The 23-year-old Brittnee started her typically hectic day by stealing a pickup truck. She then went into a convenience store with a knife and demanded money. After receiving an undisclosed amount of cash, Brittnee fled in her stolen wheels. After a brief chase, police arrested Brittnee, who kicked out the rear window of the police car. Lest you think Brittnee is a bad mother, she wasn't neglecting her one-year-old daughter as she brought her along on the heist.
1922: The Navy's first aircraft carrier, the USS Langley, was commissioned.
actor/comedian Carl Reiner (The 2000 Year Old Man, The Dick Van Dyke Show) 90