Bits and Pieces - March 27, 2012
March 27, 2012
The new movie The Hunger Games made $155 over the weekend. It's about a world in which teenagers get into brutal fights. It's sort of like Jersey Shore without the hangovers.
While RIHANNA'S recent late night visit to ASHTON KUTCHER'S pad caught everyone by surprise, word is they've actually been seeing each other since December. London's Sun tabloid says the two were introduced at a mutual friend's party and the flirting began as soon as Rihanna and Ashton met. They swapped numbers, exchanged texts and had a secret meeting at a Santa Monica hotel a few weeks ago to exchange who knows what.
It looks like BRITNEY SPEARS is getting closer to becoming a judge on THE X FACTOR. Since Britney is still under her conservatorship, she needs approval from the judge to sigh any contracts. Apparently Britney's quickie meeting with the judge last week was about the X Factor deal and the judge gave it the okay.
- GREEN DAY has posted a new video update from their recording studio. In the latest video, Billie Joe Armstrong says: "It's a new sound and it's f**king with my head." Producer Rob Cavallo adds that the band is hoping to make a "big, powerful statement" with the new album.
- An Oklahoma City nightclub owner wants DRAKE to fork over some money after he allowed him to host a private party at his club earlier this month. During the party, several employees noticed the smell of marijuana coming from Drake's VIP area and notified the manager. The manager shut the party down and called the cops, but it was the manager that ended up getting arrested. The club owner sent Drake's manager a letter demanding compensation for legal fees.
- SUGARLAND'S JENNIFER NETTLES and KRISTIAN BUSH have been ordered to give depositions in Indiana between April 1st and April 15th over the lawsuit involving last summer's stage collapse. The duo's attorneys asked for a delay until May, but that was denied.
- Jay Leno: Elizabeth Banks; TV host Carson Daly; Jake Owen performs
- David Letterman: Rachel Maddow; actor Timothy Olyphant; Train performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Zooey Deschanel; actor Steven Seagal; Shinedown performs
- Conan: Kristin Chenoweth; actor Liam Hemsworth
- Jimmy Fallon: Sam Worthington; actress Casey Wilson; Swervedriver performs
- Craig Ferguson: Robin Williams; Black Dub performs
- Carson Daly: Rapper Kendrick Lamar; musician Ducky; Wallpaper performs
Philadelphia Phillies second baseman Chase Utley will miss opening day because of ongoing knee problems. Utley said he's not facing surgery, but had no timetable for a return.
Houston, Texas' Abelardo Araujo and his 7-year-old stepson were attending an outdoor car show when dad put on a show of his own. All eyes were on Araujo as he drove around the parking lot. It wasn't so much his ride that everyone was checking out as it was his stepson riding on the roof. Araujo later told police he put the boy on the top of his car and drove around because he wasn't able to see the cars. Police put Araujo inside their car and took him to jail on charges of endangering a child.
1964: The musical Funny Girl, starring Barbra Streisand, opened on Broadway.
actress Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Caribbean, Love Actually, Domino) 27