Bits and Pieces - March 30, 2012
March 30, 2012
A woman on a US Airways flight was wrestled to the ground after she attacked the cabin crew for refusing to serve her alcohol. The good news for the woman is that she's been offered a job as a pilot for JetBlue.
Is MEGAN FOX pregnant? She is, if you believe Star magazine. They say Megan and husband BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN have only recently discovered the news and that while it was unexpected, a source says both Fox and Green are incredibly excited about the news. They got married in the summer of 2010 and she's already step-mother to Green's 10-year-old son with actress Vanessa Marcil. Meanwhile, Megan tells the April issue of France's Jalouse magazine that she's happy to be seen as one of the sexiest women in Hollywood, saying: "I live well with my image. I cannot complain. I would not trade my place with an unattractive girl."
Forget those rumors about RIHANNA joining THE X FACTOR. No word on who planted the story, but not only is Rihanna not joining the show as a judge, they never even talked about it.
- JACK WHITE celebrated the third anniversary of his Third Man Records with a big bash in Nashville in which guests were given a souvenir 3 RPM record. That's the speed it plays at, but since no turntables play at that designation, fans have had to improvise, leading to some interesting YouTube videos.
- A rep for CHRIS BROWN denies reports that RIHANNA might join him onstage for a performance at an Australian festival next month. The story was apparently an attempt by promoters to boost ticket sales.
- BRAD PAISLEY has founded a scholarship at Belmont University's Curb College of Entertainment and Music Business. Paisley graduated from the college in 1995 with a bachelor's degree in business administration after majoring in music business. The scholarship will go to a deserving student with a demonstrated need.
- Jay Leno: Piers Morgan; actor Liam Hemsworth; Mat Kearney performs
- David Letterman: Tracy Morgan; sportscaster Jim Rome; performance from "Once."
- Jimmy Kimmel: Carson Daly; actress Kristen Schaal; Esperanza Spalding
- Conan: Galactic performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Susan Sarandon; supermodel Adriana Lima; Patrizio Buanne
- Craig Ferguson: Lisa Kudrow; "Weird Al" Yankovic performs
- Carson Daly: Dr. Sanjay Gupta; musician Josh Baze; The Naked and Famous
The New York Knicks say Amare Stoudemire will undergo non-surgical treatment and rehab for the bulging disk in his lower back and is expected to be out two to four weeks. The Knicks are also without Jeremy Lin because of a sore left knee. The team says Lin is day to day.
Hudson, Florida's Marcia Usher called 911 and told the operator that she was lost in the woods and that she didn't know where she should urinate. The answer to that question turned out to be jail. Responding deputies found Marcia not in the woods, but in front of her home, drinking a beer. Yes, Marcia apparently had several beers before that one and when deputies asked if they could check her cooler, Marcia complied and deputies found a loaded handgun on top of the beer. After a brief struggle, Marcia was tackled to the ground and taken to jail, where a vial of meth residue was discovered on her person.
1848: Niagara Falls stopped flowing for one day due to an ice jam.
comedian Eric Idle (Monty Python, Yellowbeard, Nuns on the Run) 69