Bits and Pieces - April 3, 2012
April 3, 2012
Kim Kardashian topped Forbes magazine's list of the Most Overexposed Celebrities. However, Kim denied that she was overexposed in dozens of tabloid interviews, numerous TV chats and on a couple hundred websites.
It turns out that WHITNEY HOUSTON'S pal, Raffles van Exel, isn't being investigated by the Beverly Hills Police Department for cleaning up evidence in the hotel room where she died. Despite having said as much to a tabloid, the Beverly Hills PD says they actually did find cocaine in the hotel room during their investigation and Raffles is in the clear. Meanwhile, a bustier worn on stage by Whitney sold for $18,750 at a weekend auction of memorabilia from her career in Beverly Hills.
CHARLIE SHEEN'S real life father, MARTIN SHEEN, will play his dad on his new TV show Anger Management.
- It looks like LIMP BIZKIT will be getting even limper! FRED DURST is reportedly planning to fire original members DJ Lethal and John Otto, saying their partying lifestyles don't fit in with Durst's plans. Word is that they're not officially out yet and could be given a chance to get their acts together.
- JOE BUDDEN was arrested just hours before his New York concert over a $75 parking ticket. Police showed up at a pre-concert meet-and-greet and cuffed Joe over a warrant for the unpaid ticket.
- SCOTTY MCCREERY may have won the 10th season of American Idol and released a platinum-selling debut album, but he's still making plans for college in the fall. McCreery has already been accepted to four colleges, but has yet to decide on which one to attend.
- Jay Leno: Betty White; DJ Pauly D; Eric Hutchinson performs
- David Letterman: Dana Carvey; comic Jon Fisch; Los Campesinos! perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Seann William Scott; actress Christa Miller; Eli Young Band
- Conan: Actress Kate Micucci
- Jimmy Fallon: Jennifer Love Hewitt; comic Jim Breuer; chef Emeril Lagasse
- Craig Ferguson: Julie Chen; professional basketball player Pau Gasol
- Carson Daly: Singer Angie Johnson; comic Moshe Kasher; Bombay Bicycle Club
The New Orleans Saints' Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis will be at the NFL's New York offices tomorrow for their appeals hearings. Commissioner Roger Goodell has said he'll make it an expedited appeal, with his ruling coming days after the hearing.
In his brief 29 years, Port Charlotte, Florida's Joshua Lee Mudge has been to jail seven times. Make that eight. Mudge recently made the ill-advised decision to resume his mushroom growing operation inside the home of his brother, who was wanted by police. When police inevitably came looking for him, Joshua informed them his brother no longer lived there. However, Mudge's big mistake was to let cops inside to look for themselves. Deputies had free reign until they arrived at one door where Mudge blocked their entrance, telling them it was a school project and they needed to leave. Detecting a strong odor of pot and seeing funnels, buckets, empty glass jars, a propane torch and sandwich bags, deputies decided a search warrant was in order. Police found Mudge's drug lab and after a few doses of Taser, Joshua and the rest of the Mudge family were arrested.
1877: The first Easter Egg Roll was held on the grounds of the Capitol in Washington, D.C.
actor Christopher Meloni (Law and Order: SVU, Runaway Bride, 12 Monkeys) 51