Bits and Pieces - April 4, 2012
April 4, 2012
Alec Baldwin has proposed to his 28-year-old yoga instructor girlfriend. Alec proposed in a touching, heartfelt voicemail rant.
BRUCE WILLIS and wife Emma Heming welcomed a baby girl on Sunday. Mabel Ray weighed in at 9 pounds, 1 ounce, and both baby and her model/designer mom are doing well. It's their first child together, although Willis has three girls with ex-wife Demi Moore.
DON RICKLES will receive The Johnny Carson Award For Comedic Excellence at the upcoming 2012 Comedy Awards. Rickles is the second recipient of the honor, after David Letterman received the inaugural award last year. The ceremony will air on Comedy Central on May 6th.
- When GUNS N' ROSES get inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 14th, Slash, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler will be there, while Izzy Stradlin and Axl Rose remain uncommitted. One stumbling block for a full reunion is that Slash says Axl hates his guts.
- KANYE WEST is in trouble for sampling without permission again. Just weeks after settling a lawsuit with singer Syl Johnson, Kanye is looking at another lawsuit from Robert Poindexter of THE PERSUADERS. He claims Kanye sampled their 1972 hit "Trying Girls Out" on his remix of "Girls, Girls, Girls" on the mixtape Freshman Adjustment 2 without permission.
- RASCAL FLATTS will offer fans an exclusive track only available on their mobile app. Just buy their new album "Changed" and you can get their version of Grand Funk's "We're An American Band," with tour mates LITTLE BIG TOWN, ELI YOUNG BAND and EDENS EDGE.
- Today: Tori Spelling; Wilson Phillips performs; actress Shannen Doherty
- Good Morning America: Camille Grammer; chef Emeril Lagasse
- CBS This Morning: Actress Candice Bergen; author Stedman Graham
- Kelly: Actress Jayma Mays; comic Caroline Rhea; Far East Movement performs; co-host Chris Harrison
- The View: Randy Jackson; actress Tori Spelling
- The Talk: Molly Sims; actor Simon Helberg; financial journalist Vera Gibbons
- Ellen DeGeneres: Andrew Garfield; actress Edie Falco
The San Francisco Giants have signed Matt Cain to a new deal that'll make him the highest-paid right-handed pitcher in baseball history. Cain got a five-year extension for a guaranteed $112.5 million.
If you plan to attend the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Mayor Bob Buckhorn would like to caution you about items that will be considered security threats and thereby banned during the event. Among the banned items are water pistols, masks, plastic or metal pipe, pieces of wood larger than a ruler, and string more than six inches long. Among the items not banned are firearms since state law bans any restrictions on the carrying of guns in public spaces.
2000: A federal judge ruled that Microsoft had broken anti-trust laws in the marketing of its Internet Explorer.
actress Amanda Bynes (What a Girl Wants, What I Like About You, Hairspray) 26